Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello everyone

3 posters

Go down

Hello everyone Empty Hello everyone

Post by Oliver Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:05 pm

Hello, I'm Ollie (19). I went on holiday to malta when i was about 8 and we hired a Hijet for the week we were there and ever since then I wanted one as my first car. When I turned 17 I found one on ebay for 500, failed MOT on emissions. A mechanic friend of mine persuaded me to buy it assuring me that the problem would be easily fixable. Fitted a new idle valve but one of the wires came out and sparked against something and it hasn't run ever since! I now drive a 1986 Citroen 2cv which i absolutely love but the Hijet is still sitting on the drive waiting to be fixed. If anyone has any ideas on how to get it working I'd love to hear from you. He's called Bubble and he's a 1996 993cc N reg.

Oliver

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone Empty Re: Hello everyone

Post by Raggy Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:33 pm

Explain the symptoms a bit more, won’t run can be a variety of things. Does it start, run, idle, stutter, not do anything at all? People will be happy to help then.
Also put some more details like location in your profile, you never know someone nearby may be able to help.
Oh and welcome to the mad house.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Hello everyone Empty Re: Hello everyone

Post by buttondup Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:47 pm

Hello Ollie
If it shorted out, chances are one of the fuses has blown
buttondup
buttondup
Centurion