Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Insurance for fairly new driver

3 posters

Go down

Insurance for fairly new driver Empty Insurance for fairly new driver

Post by Oliver Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:15 pm

Hello! I bought a 1996 993cc Hijet about 2 years ago. When we got it, it ran but had failed MOT on emissions. In trying to fix it we made the problem worse and so I still have never got behind the wheel! I made a new mechanic friend and it looks like I might finally get a chance to take it for a spin! Unfortunately, because I've only been driving for just under 2 years I can't seem to find a quote that's anywhere near affordable. Even with my dad as the main driver and me named I still can't find anything less than £2,000 which seems ridiculous! I thought I would ask on here to see if anyone could point me in a different direction. If not, I will have to sell it which would break my heart. Cheers all, Ollie

Oliver

Back to top Go down

Insurance for fairly new driver Empty Re: Insurance for fairly new driver

Post by Guest Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:14 pm

I assume that it is Gold Plated and with a stretched Limmo interior and Magnesium Alloy wheels and you live in Brixton, London and are a learner driver aged 10 with that sort of ridiculous quote??
Personally being a very old fart I have been insured with a Motor Traders Cover with ROAD RUNNER for more than the past 20 years, longer than even their records go back. My wife and I are insured fully comprehensive on all of our vehicles be it 2 or 22 with Full Legal Cover too for under £600 all in.

Before I went fully comp with them I was with A-Plan Insurance up until a couple of years ago. They have offices all over the UK. They are such a helpful company and you can talk to them face to face or over the phone. The National phone number is 01993894700.
Best of luck getting your Hi-Jet running and back on the road.

If you are going to stay around the Forum just give yourself an introduction on Welcome to the Forum section.

Back to top Go down

Post by Oliver Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:30 pm

Amazing! I'll check these out thank you so much! I couldn't believe how steep it was I was sure that it should be less than that

Thanks again for your help
O

Oliver

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:37 pm

Maybe down to it being classed as a commercial vehicle? Try Adrian Flux, I am with them for my Hijet camper but be aware tried them for my little Citroen C3 and it was a ridiculous quote and they were surprised I wouldn’t take it! Strangely my normal insurers for my C3 LV would not insure me for my Hijet (for fully comp and I am 55!) but guess who I am insured with via Adrian Flux fully comp and business ...yes Highway who are a subsidiary of LV...work that one out.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by gogopiaggio Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:28 pm

Adrian Flux will only do good quotes for modified cars -- that's the specialty. Lots of people who have done van to camper conversions (around here it's plenty) use them as it's the only way to get cover for a decent price.
If you get the C3 remapped, lowered and even bigger wheels, the quote from Mr Flux might be more realistic. Amusingly our car is a C3 as well. I didn't think there would be anyone else with a franco-japan vehicular crossover.

gogopiaggio
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down