Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time to retire from this great Forum after 3,970 Posts.

+6
biofos
oldie
PFM
Lex_Michdebus
GEORDIE
CoolJet
10 posters

Go down

Time to retire from this great Forum after 3,970 Posts.  Empty Time to retire from this great Forum after 3,970 Posts.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:48 am

I have mentioned several times over the past month that I will be leaving the Forum on the 31st of July. I'm off on holiday on the first of August.
I have now totted up the above number of Posts since first joining the Forum on 2nd of February 2013. So second only to Matt - Highly Jetted at 5,436 but he joined October 2011 so had a four years start on me.

I am going to be taking a holiday starting on 1st of August and taking things easier than of late. The Forum takes up so much of my time answering posts and questions that I can't get work done at home or my old fire burnt out buildings.

I still have a number of Daihatsu's over there that I still want - need to remove spares from. I am going to be blocking the Forum from 31st July and removing the Avatar from my 4 devices so I am not going to be tempted to "take a look".

If someone is desperate for spares or for advice then contact me by email on hi.jetmaniow@gmail.com ONLY. I WILL NOT RESPOND TO MESSAGES ON thehijetmaniow@gmail.com. A few good friends on here have my phone number and I will keep in touch with them.

If you need spares or advice then please use the email address I have given you which I used in the first place on here.
Really sorry to be leaving the Forum maybe for an indeterminate period of time - or for good. Not sure yet. I need some good rest away from the demands of the Forum which have become too much over the last 6 months and at 69 I don't want to go on running myself into the ground anymore.

My Grandaughter is coming back from living in Winnepeg since August 18th last year. I have got a Great Grandson now in Winnepeg from my Grandson who has lived out there with his Canadian wife and has made a great life for himself. I unfortunately am unlikely to meet Lukas as I can't risk flying due to the chance of a stroke and I can't afford to now anymore anyway. They are very unlikely to be able to come over here - so I am very thankful for WhatsApp and video calling.
I have neglected my whole family for ages, allowing the Forum to take over my life since February 2013. So I want to spend some time with my family and friends here on the Island and on the Mainland.

I will do my best to help with desparate questions and certainly please contact me first for any spare parts. Don't forget. EMAIL hi.jetmaniow@gmail.com

All the best to you all with kindest regards from Stuart "Woody" Woodward.

Back to top Go down

Time to retire from this great Forum after 3,970 Posts.  Empty Re: Time to retire from this great Forum after 3,970 Posts.

Post by CoolJet Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:36 pm

Woody I will miss you! Sad

Probably you can restrict yourself to a healthy level of posts per day, after your holliday.
I found this analogy: You cant get more milk out of a cow if you milk it every 5 minutes its only more work for the farmer.
Probably scheduled forum time once a week, day or how you want it.

Its conveniant for us but you dont have to answer every single question and help every poor teletubby with the forum rules.

If you need a solid break up everyone will respect this considering your health condition and private matters. Nobnody (at least not here Shocked ) wants to be the last nail in your coffin.

cheers
CoolJet
CoolJet
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Time to retire from this great Forum after 3,970 Posts.  Empty Re: Time to retire from this great Forum after 3,970 Posts.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:51 pm

Very many thanks for your very kind wishes. If you drop me your email address to my
current email address : thehijetmaniow@gmail.com then we can keep in touch. NINIANNE has WhatsApp messaged me and she has picked up a gearbox yesterday and is going to thank Raggy for his input and for your help too.

Kind regards Stuart.

Back to top Go down

Time to retire from this great Forum after 3,970 Posts.  Empty Woodie

Post by GEORDIE Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:31 pm

You have earned it,enjoy your family but will miss
your well scripted "put downs" all the best Geordie

GEORDIE
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:39 pm

Thank you very much Geordie. What is the weather like over there in Ireland today??
Much appreciate your kind response. I think that Logi is the King of Putdowns for sure. He has a BRILLIANT sense of humour and no one can get one up on him. Some 7-8 months since he got rid of his Hi-Jet and was last on here.

Back to top Go down

Time to retire from this great Forum after 3,970 Posts.  Empty Woodie

Post by GEORDIE Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:51 pm

you get me mixed up lad I live in Lincolnshire
near Scunthorpe Laughing Laughing

GEORDIE
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:01 pm

Scunthorpe??? That's far worse than Northern Ireland.
Who is the one in Northern Ireland then I wonder then??

Damn glad I am leaving you all to your own devices then or I will be starting another (Un)Civil War very soon. 😂

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex_Michdebus Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:54 am

Have fun old man. Make sure you get your wand polished a few good times and I hope you'll return once a year just to let us know if you're still alive. Take care! Xxx
Lex_Michdebus
Lex_Michdebus
Centurion

https://youtu.be/zAH2jjzAhU8

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:19 am

(...Clears throat...) Having been on this forum longer than most - leopard_pagan and HighlyJetted are the only 2 registered before me who occasionally pop in, though kentgpz11 & xxemaphorr also made a brief appearance last year - I am one of the few who can remember life without Woody (yes it was spelt differently at first, for reasons too long-winded to go into here).

HighlyJetted was our original resident expert, a very knowledgeable and helpful, friendly guy with a great life-ethos and and a desire to fix things properly - even if that meant hours of trial and error and posting helpful information and vids along the way.

Then Woody came along, and it was a while before the extent of his knowledge and goodwill became widely known. Fortunately, he got on well with HJ (as he does with most people, except fools) and took over as the 'go to' guy for spares when HJ moved on from the world of Hijets. This forum in general, and many Hijet owners in particular (including myself), have benefited from Woody's knowledge and help over the last 6 years.

So, Mr W, I ask of you 4 things:
1. Have a great break with your family in Bournemouth.
2. Take time out with your family, and friends on the IOW. Re-connect, and re-charge, relax, re-fresh. Sort your spares stash, reduce the number of garages you’re borrowing/renting etc. Maybe do some of the few things you haven’t done but would like to try – pot-holing or train-driving or whatever.
3. When you’re ready, pop in occasionally. Don’t let it control you, or make you feel you have to respond to every post – as someone said, maybe once a week. When you’re ready.
4. Don’t try to lift any more damn engines!

Oh, and, thanks mate for all the help and advice. Will try and give you a call in the next day or two when I get some free time myself.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:27 am

WOW, WOW, WOW!! Thanks very much for the fabulous Post. PFM. I have been in tears this morning literally when I heard that Johnny Clegg has finally died. Your Post has brought even more tears to my eyes. Johnny had been fighting Pancreatic Cancer for almost 4 years and has far outlived the original length of time he was expected to live. Now who the hell is Johnny Clegg I can guess 95% of you will ask.

Well he was born in Lancashire in 1953. He moved with his mother to Rhodesia aged 5 then aged 6 to South Africa. There is so much to say about him - so please look him up on Wikipedia. He was an amazing man. He formed two Bands with black and white musicians, first was Juluka. which was totally illegal due to Apartheid and then in 1986 formed an amazing mixed race band called
SAVUKA. I fell in love with his music in the early 90's and the blend of his guitar and singing and the wonderful harmonic African voices gives me Goose bumps. He was a huge force in getting Nelson Mandela released from Robyn Island. His music is on here right now in my garage.

Look him up on Wikipedia and his music on Google Music or Spotify or whichever source you use. Absolutely beautiful blend of music and voices.
Well PFM I am truly lost for words - for someone as eloquent as I like to think I am. Controversial more like, trouble maker, advice giver and many of you have seen the more generous side of me as well as the verbally aggressive side of me - which I HATE. Due mainly to the pains from the medical problems I have gone through and still going through. But it is the Medication that causes the aggressive moods a few hours after the good effects wear off - Diazepam and Tramadols and Mirtazapine are the worst of the trouble makers - but I stopped taking the Tramadols last December. Evil stuff - but it was the only thing that truly helped me with the pain. I am unable to take any Ibuprofen products of any kind due to the very strong likelyhood of it causing another STROKE because it clashes with the Dabigatran Blood Viscousity Control Drug I take twice a day. I have survived 4 STROKES and don't want to have another.

I will as I have mentioned be available for help with advice and spares BUT ONLY ON :
hi.jetmaniow@gmail.com Not on thehijetmaniow@gmail.com.

I have got a couple of spies in the Camp who will let me know if they think I can help any Forum members (two or three exceptions there though)

I am not necessarily going to be taking it that easy. I have still got a number of Daihatsu's to rob the best bits off of. And a couple of Hi-Jets to tidy up and get back on the road.

I will have a look at the Forum every couple of weeks after I get the next 5 - 6 weeks out of the way and I'm sure that I will be able to find some derogatory remarks to make just to keep the Forum buzzing.
Anyway I will be around for a couple more weeks before going off-line for a few weeks.
Many thanks to everyone that has contacted me for spares and /or advice. I have for the most part thoroughly enjoyed helping so many Forum members out and to a smaller extent hope to be able to carry on - once I re-inststall the Forum Avatar sometime in September.
All the best to you all and once again PFM, thank you for your Woody Epitaph.

Back to top Go down

Post by oldie Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:32 am

Going to miss you on here Mr Woodie.....all the best my friend.....and take care of yourself.

oldie
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:41 am

Thanks very much Oldie. Keep up the joke thread mate - but try and keep them clean. In the 6 years and 4,000 posts - - most of you know that I have never sworn or used bad language on here once - although the temptation has been very close at times when having to endure Lex's disgusting language directed towards me.
I just ignore the ignorant peasant now.

It's a shame we never got to meet while my mum was gradually getting ready to leave "This Mortal Coil" (an expression coined by William Shakespeare) up in Abertillery finally passing 6 days after my 68th Birthday, March 2018. - - - Perhaps one day - - -

Back to top Go down

Post by biofos Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:49 pm

We knew this was inevitable - you've been warning us for ages. Doesn't make it any easier though. Everyone on this forum will miss you, no doubt. You've been 'one of those great blokes' we get to know if we are fortunate enough. The forum has been exceptionally lucky to have had two of these rarities - HighlyJetted and Woodie.

I'd like to thank you for all the various bits and bobs you've sorted for me and the advice tendered both personally and via the forum and some amusing and informative email exchanges. It's been a pleasure to make your acquaintance Stuart.

Enjoy your free time and pop in now and again so we know you are OK.

John.
biofos
biofos
Chatterbox

http://www.biofos.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:29 pm

RETIRING??????????? FFS ah thought ye were dead....... Razz Razz

Long time since I sold the Jet, but i still remember all the selfless help I got from you. Good luck in your retirement .

Yeah, no smileys for the last bit, for once I'm being serious .
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:44 pm

Thank you very much Logi. We really miss your being around. Never failed to to make us laugh and your Facebook antics are something else!!! 😂 Guess we should both pop in occasionally. At least I know that your visits would be greatly appreciated by all.

I will be around in the background for Forum Members looking for advice or spares - or both. I have got a few spies in the camp in case someone new needs help.

All the best my friend and thank you again for your kind words and all the laughter you have given me and hundreds of others.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:46 pm

Hi John. Nice to hear from you. We never did meet up at the Bristol Hi-fi Show in February's did we. I don't reckon I will be able to get to any more shows. It absolutely exhausted me this year.

I have enjoyed helping so many Members out over the last 6 and a half years - but it has taken its toll on me I must admit. I have haven't got a clue how many thousands of hours I have put in answering questions and writing out articles and often with no thanks or very little begrudgingly.

But it still gets to me that 50% of new members never even post. once and all the "I wanters" and the "One Hit Wonders" and "Daydreamers" who only come on here to try and sell a load of old rubbish at vastly inflated prices.

From the number of emails I have been sent and the Posts on here I am not going to be a able to get a lot rest from the Forum. I still adore driving my Hi-Jets. Much more fun and far more useful than a car or even the two estate cars I have. I know that you have had a lot of use from your van. Can't do without them can we??

Anyway you have my number John and I will always be there to help if I can - long as I haven't been consigned to a 6ft Plywood Box.
Cheers John for now. Stuart.

But I guess that happens on loads of Forums. I have only been on one other and it was full of Anoraks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:51 pm

Well Peter it is almost the end of the road but not quite - hopefully it is just going to get a good bit narrower - hopefully. A proper holiday is in order. My Brother in law has a beautiful house in southern France and he has invited us down there for as long as we like ( if we can afford the flights and everything else involved).

You know that you can call me anytime for a chat and for parts if I have them. I haven't got any vans left for breaking NOW, only 5 pick-up's. Plus 3 Grand Moves. Enough to keep me happy without the stress.

Thank you so much for your very kind resume. I better clarify the Woody bit though. When I joined the Forum on 2/2/2013 there was already a Woody on the books so I had to settle for Woodie but he was one of the Time Wasters so I had a chat with Leopard Pagan and and she kindly changed my Forum name to Woody which has been my nickname since Primary school days.

In 2015 we had an ignorant American Peasant who needed some information on his Cushman Daihatsu - basically a Hi-Jet with 3rd 4th and fifth blocked off so it was restricted to 30mph.

I found a lot of information on Wikipedia about Cushman - something that he could just as easily done himself which took me hours of research and writing it all down for the American Scumbag and posting it up with pictures. Not a word of thanks!!
So I checked every day to see if he had been on the Forum over the next couple of weeks and he had 4 or five times - but not a word of thanks for my hard work. So I confronted him about it and I got the most disgusting tirade of abuse from him. So I thought I neither want nor need this aggro so I resigned from the Forum. Oh boy did he get a tirade of abuse from loyal Forum Members and Leopard Pagan let rip at him and banned him from the Forum straight away. In that 21 months from joining to his joining in the November I had written 1,970 posts.
I gave in after about a month later due to the Forum members wanting me back, and so I re-joined the Forum. But because I had the name of Woody before and so many posts I was unable to retain my life long nickname of Woody and Leopard Pagan suggested Woodie - so Woodie I had to settle for.

Well it is about time for bed - 23-45 pm and it is absolutely chucking it down and will be most of tomorrow so no 5-30am walk for me in the morning - just a nice lay-in for a change.
I could get used to that after a brief holiday in August and in France in September. ABOUT TIME! 😂

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex_Michdebus Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:55 pm

Woodie wrote:ignorant peasant

You're still my favorite old lady part!

Hugs and kisses from the savages of the low countries. Again, stay healthy, that's more important to me than you raising your blood pressure because of OHW's on the internet.

-edit- Oh yeah by the way, I'm headed for Thailand and Malaysia in a few days. Maybe I still need your help uploading some micro vans pictures from the trip next month. I might manage by myself, make sure you secretly come and take a peek at them, I'll be thinking of you when I'm there.
Lex_Michdebus
Lex_Michdebus
Centurion

https://youtu.be/zAH2jjzAhU8

Back to top Go down

Post by timr Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:03 pm

Hope you have a happy retirement, Woodie, I feel lucky to have enjoyed a few exchanges with you over the last few weeks.  As the others have said above, you deserve a proper retirement which to me means you shouldn't be doing anything you don't want to.

If you do pop back to the forum, do yourself a favour and learn a new skill of choosing when to get involved, provide a quick explanation when absolutely necessary and make sure its fun.

Maybe we should set up a go-fund-me page so if we want some woodie-banter we can pay up-front for it Very Happy
timr
timr
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by joe90 Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:01 pm

Stuart
Think I just managed to get a reply before you “retire”. I wish you well in your much deserved rest from the forum. I had the pleasure in meeting you over in IOW. You have been so helpful over the years with parts, advice and more importantly encouragement. I can say without doubt that my van would not still be on the road after all these years. From this day forth my van will now be called Woodie. Enjoy and I will miss your wonderful emails. Jar

joe90

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:50 am

Woodie has now left the building...
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:36 am

Bit quiet round here, innit?

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:23 pm

What with that Ole Git gone. Nah, no chance.
Just to give you a final good belly laugh.

I wrote out a load of thank you's and cheerio's
last night - and a reminder of the email address to now use or texts if anyone needed something that they need answers to and they are not forthcoming or need some spares etc.

And yes you have guessed it - my Ruddy Great Bear Traps had just about finished when I got a phone call from a well wisher - and when we
finished - there it was gone!!! SURPRISE SURPRISE!!!
Finished the same way I started 6 years and 6months ago. But at least I have ended up being able to learn how to Post a Photo or two.
I am sprawled out on a bed in an air con Hallmark Hotel Bedroom having a cider and taking it very easy.
We are going out - Saturday night for a family get together now that my Grandaughter has returned from Winnipeg and then next Wednesday a larger get together with family and friends.

I feel really relaxed and at ease now. Still going to be pottering about with Hi-Jets - only on my terms.
I have got a few bits and pieces to put on the Forum shortly.

I would appreciate a month of peace - but I still won't change. If you desperately need some spares or cannot find any answer then give me an email or text. Calls are blocked.
My Email address is :
hi.jetmaniow@gmail.com and text is 07968160015. I WON'T RESPOND TO ANY OF THE OTHER NUMBERS THAT ARE DOTTED ABOUT HERE ON THE FORUM.

All the best to everyone and thanks for your support over the last few years with your purchases and to be able to help so many of you well 99% of you anyway. Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down