Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got Some New Parts - Sliding door handles - Blinker - Assist Grip

2 posters

Go down

Got Some New Parts - Sliding door handles - Blinker - Assist Grip Empty Got Some New Parts - Sliding door handles - Blinker - Assist Grip

Post by CoolJet Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:20 pm

The new Blinker came from a classified ad. 30 Euro including shipping. Ad said new but definitly used but as good as new.
Same brand and markings as my other one wich needs cleaning now because new one is a bit too shiny

Got Some New Parts - Sliding door handles - Blinker - Assist Grip V1KQzxZh

Also I fitted the cheap Sliding door handles for both sides that came in the mail today. they are down to € 11,99.- including shipping. They advertised as S75 S70 handles as you might know I had to use washers and also file them down a tiny little bit. Also i like to add both sides were a bit different. The right was a little better and the metel lever was silver on the other one it was a bit more to file down and the lever was in the yellowish type of steel. But when fitted it is unnoticeable.  I guess they just use whatever material they can get. I also had that with the rad caps of the same manufacturer bought on the same order. They had different looking springs when i looked closely. Its crazy.
The little plastic pieces that hold the hooks (or whatever they may be called) are very shitty. I  used the old ones that are perfect quality and were undamaged.
Also I had to bend new hooks from bicycle spokes. Found the exact fit. now they are absolutely perfectly tight again.  I love you

Got Some New Parts - Sliding door handles - Blinker - Assist Grip 5DrIGHdh

Last I like to show off my assist handles. I saw them on a diesel once that was shredded for parts. But the breaker was a dick.
As I asked for the handles that were the best parts of his sad diesel wreck he suddely said i can only buy the whole vehicle. Sure he envied my shiny hijet as his other hijet was also a mess. So in the end i checked the part numbers in the micro fiche and asked the local daihatsu dealer and he ordered them as they were available for next day delivery for 8 Euro or alike.
I absolutely love them.

Got Some New Parts - Sliding door handles - Blinker - Assist Grip MoPzuEoh
CoolJet
CoolJet
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Got Some New Parts - Sliding door handles - Blinker - Assist Grip Empty Re: Got Some New Parts - Sliding door handles - Blinker - Assist Grip

Post by Raggy Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:44 am

Excellent, yes filing and using washers is typical to get the replacement handles to work.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Got Some New Parts - Sliding door handles - Blinker - Assist Grip Empty Re: Got Some New Parts - Sliding door handles - Blinker - Assist Grip

Post by Guest Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:16 am

I use the Grab Handles from a Bedford Rascal /Suzuki Carry. They accomodate my Bear Trap Hands and are much more user friendly than the Daihatsu ones.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:21 pm

Got Some New Parts - Sliding door handles - Blinker - Assist Grip Dsc_6116

Got Some New Parts - Sliding door handles - Blinker - Assist Grip Dsc_6117
Got Some New Parts - Sliding door handles - Blinker - Assist Grip Dsc_6118

Back to top Go down

Post by CoolJet Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:23 pm

Whats your solution for the flexy tailgate handle? I fixed mine with only epoxy first and it didnt last. Now i made a compond with a 3 mm Alluminium alloy sheet that i bent into position and embedded it with epoxy steel. Feels absolutely indestructable now. By the way.... can you still source shoe goo in the UK? aka automotive goop? Its illegal to sell in germany. Its the best flexy glue ever. I need some tubes of it!

Check out my pictures here
https://imgur.com/a/tKBDpct
CoolJet
CoolJet
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:48 pm

That is EXACTLY what I have been doing for several years now. I have used part of a sheet of Aircraft Alloy which is stronger and then Polyurethane and screws. Works a treat. I will put a photo up during the Grand Prix Practice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down