Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unbelievably Expensive spares prices at Knightcott Motors in Weston-Super-Night-Mare.

5 posters

Go down

Unbelievably Expensive spares prices at Knightcott Motors in Weston-Super-Night-Mare.  Empty Unbelievably Expensive spares prices at Knightcott Motors in Weston-Super-Night-Mare.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:47 am

Just recently I have had two members contact me about spares. One of them a couple of Forum members had pointed him to Knightcott.
He needed an offside Half shaft. He was charged £120 plus £20 carriage. I spotted his post about it and said that he could have had one from me for £50+ carriage and packing - but he had already ordered it.

When he received it, the idiots had sent the nearside one which is 55mm longer than the offside one. So he contacted Knightcott Motors and they agreed to send an offside Shaft. When it arrived - no prizes for guessing they had sent yet another Nearside Half Shaft.  WHAT??
A family business since 1981eh??  More like the Adams Family or the Munsters. At least they were funny. But "Bright-Not Motors" prices are not at all funny. Utterly Diabolically Greedy in my opinion.

So our Forum member contacted them again and they swore blindly that they had taken the second Half Shaft from the same Axle. Totally impossible. In my opinion they have lied through their teeth or the employee who took it out of another axle lied to his employer. They are supposed to be Hi-Jet experts. Personally I wouldn't trust them to pump up the tyre on my wheel barrow. So our member had to drive from Hampshire up to Weston-super-Mare to return the two WRONG NEARSIDE HALF-SHAFTS and they gave him a new Wheel Bearing kit with the press-on Locking Collar and the wheel bearings. But not a Penny for his petrol or time wasted or the Aggro it has caused him and the garage who have had an immobile Hi-Jet stuck on one of their Ramps for 6 weeks now. Utterly disgusting. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT MAKING RESTITUTION FOR YOUR TOTAL INCOMPETENCE KNIGHTCOTT MOTORS??

He took the Bearing Kit to the Garage who is doing the job for him. Guess what?? The Bearing was too big on the inside diameter and flopped around on the shaft - but the Press Fit Locking collar does fit. So he contacted me for a Half Shaft and I went over to my old Workshop and started to remove a halfshaft from a truck - which I did not want to do as it would have left me with a Hi-Jet 3 Wheeler - so when I was proceeding with the jacking up and removing the brake pipe and brake shoes - I was very grateful to receive a phone call from Brian to say that they had sent the Bearing and the halfshaft away to an Engineering firm 20 miles away for them to make a sleeve up to fit snugly on the halfshaft and a snug fit inside the bearing. Brian wishes that he had taken up my offer now. I'm glad that he didn't as it would have been very awkward moving a 3 wheeled Hi-Jet.

This is not by any means the first time that Knightcott Motors have caused expensive mayhem as far as the moans I have heard about them having let people down on the Forum. I have the privilege of having a lot of members that contact me for advice and information about Hi-Jets. I get to hear of lots of nightmare stories and Knightcott aren't the only ones I get to hear about.
Just yesterday I had a Forum member contact me about an Igniter Control on the top of the Camshaft Cover. Knightcott wanted £426 +plus vat (£511)for a new one from Daihatsu and a used one for £200+vat £240!!  affraid

I have been charging £75 for the last 3 years when I found out that they were then over £400 +vat.
I will be charging £100 in future - a saving of £140 on "Bright-Not's"  "Western-Cowboy-Night-Mare Outfit, " absolutely incredible prices.

So I would recommend that you Shop around before contacting them - or rather KNOT (Not with a K as in Knightcott - sorry about that) contacting them for pricing and availability. Once bitten - twice shy.

Last edited by Woodie on Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:34 pm; edited 3 times in total

Back to top Go down

Unbelievably Expensive spares prices at Knightcott Motors in Weston-Super-Night-Mare.  Empty Re: Unbelievably Expensive spares prices at Knightcott Motors in Weston-Super-Night-Mare.

Post by wee phil Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:41 pm

they asked me £220 plus postage for a headlight and he also stated hes bought the last remaning pallet of headlight and said when there gone there gone and also said people would be as well to scrap there hijets because of the headlights saying you wont be able to get them my ans was aye right pal dream on and i put the phone down

wee phil
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Unbelievably Expensive spares prices at Knightcott Motors in Weston-Super-Night-Mare.  Empty Re: Unbelievably Expensive spares prices at Knightcott Motors in Weston-Super-Night-Mare.

Post by buttondup Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:18 pm

These people are obviously a bunch of charlatans & I don't know how they can sleep with themselves at night.
Well put Woodie.
buttondup
buttondup
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:51 am

I find it very hard to believe they even HAVE headlamps in stock!

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by wee phil Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:04 am

phone them and you will find out then thats what i did

wee phil
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by oldie Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:18 am

Ha...Knighcott Motors = Money Grabbers.....at least Dick Turpin wore a mask!

oldie
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:16 am

Lots of people would be happy to £200 for a headlight, when for their other car like an audi a3 or a bmw 1 series, or new focus etc they were charged more than £1000 for one.

I quoted a BMW z4 customer about £1800 to supply and fit a new headlight assembly recently, it didn't exactly make them ecstatic, but it's not like there is a cheaper copy part available.

There is a guy in Congleton who is desperate for a 1.3 ignitor unit, he has been knocking on my parents door asking my dad for my contact details! If someone offered him one for £200 I think he would be happy to pay it. Because right now he isn't going anywhere and the van will get scrapped sooner or later. They will all fail sooner or later, then where are you going to find a magic tree which grows Daihatsu 1.3 ignitors?

Don't under value stuff, people are happy to buy a £600 phone, then ditch it after 2 years in this day and age. Putting 4 tyres on a modern car costs £600, which often only last 15,000 miles.

Just because the Hijet was a second hand £1500 vehicle, doesn't mean that the parts have to be cheap, they are getting very rare nowadays.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:32 am

Very true, HJ. Good to see you, hope all is well with you in Congleland

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:53 am

Geoff definitely isn't happy at paying £200 for one HJ. I told him that he could have one for £75 and he nearly swallow his tongue. Can't you do any cheaper?? I told him that over 3 years ago they were over £400 plus vat. He as always went on and on grizzliing. He wanted me to take a Credit Card and I told him that I did not have that option.

PayPal is the only way I can take payment. He said that he would send it through the post and after 10 minutes I had had enough so I told him to go to Knightcott Motors and find out how much they charged. I then said to him that I have had enough of his whining and look elsewhere for a used one. Then turned the phone off and blocked him.
That was when I phoned Knightcott to find out a price. I texted him with their prices. He tried phoning me 10 times but thankfully Call Blocker stops his calls.

Yesterday I got a very long apologetic, grovelling Email. So I relented and I am just about to go down to the Post Office to send it off. I am too soft.
I tested it on my own MPV and took pictures of it and 2 videos of the swap and the engine running so if there is another problem causing the engine to blow the Igniter I'm not going to replace it.

I sold him an Alternator in October 2017 for £35. Las October he phoned me to say that the Alternator l sold him a couple of months ago had packed up. A couple of months ago?? I certainly don't remember selling him one a couple of months previously.

So I checked my books and it was 361 days previously when I sent it to him. But he whined on and on and eventually I just put the phone down on him. I hadn't heard from him since then until this week.
Once he has received the Igniter then I am going to block his emails too. I don't need him putting my blood pressure up again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:06 pm

I think Buttondup that people like Knightcott sleep very well - dreaming about all the people that they have ever ripped off and how they can spend the money they have accumulated.
They obviously have NO CONSCIENCE WHATSOEVER.
Robin Hood in reverse.
Bang on there Oldie. Definitely Dick Turpin Mk2.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down