Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm getting nowhere!

2 posters

Go down

I'm getting nowhere! Empty I'm getting nowhere!

Post by elfin girl Fri May 03, 2019 11:18 pm

Well, after several months of fluctuating health and weather I still haven't manged much of a dismantling job on the van  ...... Woody, I have managed to remove the back end of the exhaust... Havnt managed to unweave it from the rest of the van though Laughing
Basicaly I'm struggling and at the point now that I'm wondering if there is anyone local enough to me that needs anything and could help me remove some more bits in payment for parts?!
Or does anyone want the whole van? It's not running, obviously,  so not exactly a great catch in that respect! It does have headlights, working sliding door handles and wing mirrors that stay where you position them Very Happy  and  I am told the body work is good for its age, it did have a good coat of some sort of under seal stuff when I got it.
I think I maybe procrastinating a bit because in reality I'm gonna miss it, but I need to move on.... And my mate is going to want his drive space back at some point !
If anyone needs a reminder, it's a t reg (99) 1.3 it was LPG but the tank sprang a leak, I do however have a couple of spare tanks.

I hope everyone else is doing well and enjoying thier little vans, I'm now pootling round in a 1997 Nisan micra, I can just about fit the four dogs in with travelling stuff, not worked out how I'm going to sleep in it yet, nor where to put the cooker Wink Laughing

*edit to add ..... I'm in hoddesdon, Hertfordshire.. Might help knowing that Shocked
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

I'm getting nowhere! Empty Re: I'm getting nowhere!

Post by Raggy Sat May 04, 2019 8:24 am

Sure someone would be interested, if it had been a 993 I would have been down in a shot!
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 04, 2019 9:03 am

Don't worry about the exhaust system D. It's 18 months old and somone should snap it up. Mounting points on the System are in two different places and I am not sure what year they changed on the Piggy Back System that you have. I have a feeling it was around 2001. So yours is the earliest version.
Best thing would be to get someone to help you to measure the distance of the rear brackets from the rear axle. The difference is only about 30mm-50mm but one won't be a direct replacement for the other.

All the best D. I know you have really bad spells of health so I would suggest that you try and sell the Van as a whole rather than attempt to sell bits off of it and end up with having to get rid of most of it.

I'm sure that someone on the Forum will be pleased to buy an almost complete van for spares or to ressurect as a runner.

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Sat May 04, 2019 2:26 pm

Thanks Woody, I also think this would be better going as a whole unit. I'd like to think it could breathe new life into a hijet or two. I'll get some recent pictures and post in the for sale bit later... When it stops raining! It is a bank holiday after all Laughing
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum