Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fusable link or fuses

3 posters

Go down

Fusable link or fuses Empty Fusable link or fuses

Post by Steveincornwall Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:40 pm

I would be grateful for some help. My porter pickup was (again) broken into, the windscreen smashed and battery stolen. They undid the battery retaining strap and cut the negative terminal which must have been too difficult for them to get at and undo. I replaced the screen, bought a new battery and terminal thinking it would be an easy fix. I fitted the screen and connector but cannot get any power at all, I think they must have shorted the battery when stealing. I have checked fuses to the left of the steering wheel but understand there is a fusable link/ main fuse but I am lost as to where it is or what it looks like. Any help locating this would be fantastic, a pic would be an even greater assistance
Many thanks
Steve

Steveincornwall
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Fusable link or fuses Empty Re: Fusable link or fuses

Post by PFM Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:13 pm

As some idiot previously posted on here, 'The main fuse, or 'fusible link' as the handbook calls it, is under the driver's seat - look down at the front of the opening towards the crossmember, it's behind where your left heel would be if you kicked it back from the clutch.' IIRC it's in a yellow plastic housing, and there is a pic somewhere on here though I can't find it now.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Steveincornwall Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:29 am

Many thanks,I also looked through previous posts and can’t find pics, just hope this idiot can find it today!
Steve

Steveincornwall
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:34 am

Many thanks PFM. I will remember that "derisory name" next time you want some help.

Steve, the Fuse Holder is a right swine to get at from above or below. I usually jack the front up and get at it from below. There is an "ear" or catch which has to be levered to one side to get the Fuse Cartridge out. They are MALE Connectors which you can hopefully see from the Photos. The ones fitted are 60amp, but if I am running other high load items then you can put the fuse holder in a SENSIBLE place. I keep 30amp (Pink) 40amp (Green) 50amp (Red) 60amp (Yellow) 80amp (Black) and 100amp (Blue) in stock.
You should be able to get a PAL Cartridge fuse from a decent Car Accessory Shop. Fusable link or fuses Dsc_0217
Fusable link or fuses Dsc_0218
Fusable link or fuses Dsc_0219
Fusable link or fuses Dsc_0220
Fusable link or fuses Dsc_0220

Back to top Go down

Post by Steveincornwall Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:08 am

Thanks Woodie, a pic is worth a thousand words as they say. Good to hear from you and hope you are running better than my Porter is?
All the best
Steve

Steveincornwall
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:36 am

Definitely not running anymore Steve. Arthritis in the lower 5 Vertebrae has put paid to that.
Dreadful Sciatica because of it. I was advised to do as much walking as possible so I go out every dry morning and walk 4 - 4-1/2 miles. Yesterday I left home at 5-15am but this morning at 6am. It is helping with the Sciatica, but recent MRI Scan shows up that the Arthritis causing the Sciatica is getting worse. So any heavy lifting is out of the question now. Doctor advised "nothing heavier than a full kettle of water. Yeah fat chance of that.
I had to put a new Battery on my Mazda 323 Estate yesterday. It was 10mm too big to fit in the battery tray so I had to use a new H/D Pick-Up Battery. In and out - in and out. My back was killing me by the time I finished it. Then the Alternator Belt needed tightening as it had started squealing.
That Electric Scooter is getting far too close for comfort at 69 years of age. Arrrrgghhh!!

Back to top Go down

Post by buttondup Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:04 am

A picture is worth a thousand sighs in Woodie's case Very Happy
buttondup
buttondup
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Steveincornwall Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:05 am

Sorry to hear that Woodie, age is a real baxxxd at times. I am reaching retirement and it scares me that I won’t be fit enough to enjoy it. Many thanks for the pics, I have just scrambled around pickup, found it and is off. I loosened the air filter box which gave enough room for me to get a hand in and with a couple of screwdrivers and long nosed pliers got it off, bust the clear cover of fuse in process though.
I have attached a pic of location in case anyone else in future is looking for this in future.
Fusable link or fuses 46e3b510
Just need to see if I can get a replacement now
All the best
Steve

Steveincornwall
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:12 am

Woodie wrote:Many thanks PFM. I will remember that "derisory name" next time you want some help.
Huh? See the last post on this thread...  https://hijet.forumotion.com/t170-hijet-efi-01-main-fuses-location?highlight=main+fuse

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:47 am

Sorry Pete. I have covered this a few times and and I thought that it was a tongue in cheek reference to this Idiot. So I deliberately double posted the pictures - expecting to get some " Woodys skills on posting pictures" comments. But it didn't work.

I too had a look back through my thousands of pictures and I know that I sent one of our members several pictures last year but I couldn't find them. Mind you I have got 3 email addresses they are stored on probably now approaching 20,000 in total since 2006 and thousands I have deleted too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:05 pm

Fusable link or fuses Screen18

I wasn't far out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:03 pm

Drop me your address Steve and I will put two 60amp PAL Fuses in the post to you tomorrow morning. Should arrive Tuesday.
thehijetmaniow@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Steveincornwall Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:16 pm

Message sent, many thanks Woodie
Steve

Steveincornwall
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content