Coffee at the rush!

Go down

Coffee at the rush! Empty Coffee at the rush!

Post by AlastairBrown on Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:21 am

Hello everyone, just a short note to say what a great source of knowledge this forum is, I’ve been reading lots of threads for advice and decided to register!

I was passed a number for Woody from a friend and he very kindly found me some hard to find parts and posted them to get me back on the road, and also furnished me with volumes of great information, I think he must be the hi-jet Wizard as he certainly knows everything there is to know about these great little vans!

We have a little coach built coffee van that we use for events, and  after a couple of hours with Woodys help we got her running as good as new.

Coffee at the rush! 6fed7010

AlastairBrown

Back to top Go down

Coffee at the rush! Empty Re: Coffee at the rush!

Post by AlastairBrown on Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:24 am

Coffee at the rush! Dbca7010

AlastairBrown

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy on Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:26 am

Excellent and before anyone else says it....location, location, location...add it to your profile. Welcome to the mad house and glad you found our ObiWan Kenobi of the Hijet World. Lots of others on here can help as well so keep us updated on progress and events you may appear at.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM on Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:46 pm

Tut tut, am disappointed at you Raggy, you're normally eagle-eyed! Didn't you spot their website on the front door? We are a Devon and Cornwall based mobile catering company

Welcome, Alastair, hope to hear more about your van in due course.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy on Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:05 am

Ah PFM, I did spot that but....even finding out where they are does not help others as it’s not shown in their profile. If they start another thread without that photo then their location is unknown. Thought you would have worked that one out Laughing Laughing
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AlastairBrown on Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:55 am

Thanks for the kind word chaps! Had a good run out Yesterdy down to Cornwall from Devon, van went well despite the very high winds and rain. Definitely time for a pair of radiator caps and some decent jubilees on the coolant system though as I suspect I have a small slow leak, a quick pit stop to bleed the coolant and top up and all was fine! I noticed the lower tar cap has a lot of corrosion both on the top of the metal pipe union and under the rubber of the cap, no obvious leaks anywhere else. It was virtually flat out into the very strong headwinds for 30 mins and the temps crept up, so I rested it and stopped at a freinds for a pit stop! A few more bits of maintenance and she should be golden for the summer months!

AlastairBrown

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy on Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:44 am

Great you are out and about, think you hit on the possible problem, you need a good seal between the rad cap rubber seal and the metal sealing face. That means new rad caps (change at least yearly, for the cost of them against the cost of having an overheat!) and making sure the sealing face is good and not corroded. Depends on how corroded they are. I gently used a tap face reamer from B&Q on mine to get it back to nice and smooth, but you have to be careful as they are not that thick. If it is corroded beyond repair, all is not lost as that section of pipe and rad cap fitting can be bought new. A bit of modification to fit it and job done.
Tap Seat Tool but from Screwfix
Radiator necks
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM on Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:34 am

Oh I know that Raggy, just thought you'd be better at explaining it to the world at large than I would be.

Hang on a mo - 'coffee at the rush?' A) it's a Hijet and B) I doubt you can sell coffee on the move...or can you?

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AlastairBrown on Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:46 pm

Thanks for the links, I think it should clean up ok, it’s got those horrible spring clips on all the pipes that don’t hold any pressure when the rubber gets hot and soft too, so I’ll change them out and give it a decent drink of coolant! See how it goes from there...

As for rushing, I’ve fitted a two group machine so we can make coffees and things quick but we certainly won’t break any records getting to events!

AlastairBrown

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy on Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:24 pm

Take it over to the IOW in June and I will have a coffee....and you may see that native of the isle Woody Very Happy
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kernowjon01 on Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:21 pm

Hi Alistair - Good to have people from down this way on the site! I like the bunting but a shame there are no St Piran flags in amongst it.
These vans do pretty good into gales - the day I bought mine feb 2017 I brought her home through a named storm Waterlooville Hants to west Cornwall - since then we have been to Scotland 3 times including once to John O Groats and the North Coast 500.
My van got a new radiator this year nearly 90K on the clock and new jubilee clips - touch wood she is running well. Without Woodie's advice I would have sunk a few times.
I do know a guy in Bridgewater who can do you a stunning front end if you are interested.
Jon
kernowjon01
kernowjon01
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down