New Coolant/Radiator Hoses

Go down

New Coolant/Radiator Hoses Empty New Coolant/Radiator Hoses

Post by Storkon on Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:06 pm

Does anyone know where to get new silicon hoses for the colling system on a S85 1.3 Hijet? Can't seem to find anything online. If not does anyone have any experiance making their own without kinking the hose?

Cheers
Harry Smile

Storkon

Back to top Go down

New Coolant/Radiator Hoses Empty Re: New Coolant/Radiator Hoses

Post by gogopiaggio on Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:29 am

I have been looking at Gates Vulco-flex online, but I haven't encountered them in the real world. Obviously, not silicone.

gogopiaggio
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Storkon on Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:42 am

Thanks bud. Silicon is not important. I just didn't know what else to call them. This looks like the one though! Smile

Storkon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:41 pm

Gates products are generally very good quality - but I would be surprised if they do anything for a Hi-Jet or Porter as it is now extinct as a production model and there aren't that many of them left on the road. There is certainly at least 200 less of them here as I have decimated the population for spares to keep Forum members supplied with parts here on the Isle of Wight and Wight Motors I understand sold more than virtually any other Dealer in the UK.
Sounds like you will have to buy lengths of straight pipe and an assortment of different angled bends. Bright blue or Bright Red hoses look great when you lift up the bonnet of a car. But with a Hi-Jet no one can see the hoses even with the seats lifted up, you will not be able to see much of the hoses.

Or is there a better reason for fitting the Hoses that I am missing the point of?
I am bit in the dark here so can you help me out please. For once I am not being sarcastic!! Unusual I admit - but true.
I would genuinely like to know what or if there is any benefits from fitting them. Bearing in mind too that you will have to have umpteen joins and loads of Jubilee Clips. Can they supply plastic or nylon or whatever Joiners for the pipe diameters as you will need a few.
Interesting subject though.

Back to top Go down

Post by gogopiaggio on Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:53 pm

Hi Woodie, the gates vulco-flex is suppsed to be a hose that can take a custom bend and cut to length without kinking then vulcanises into shape after being warmed by the coolant.

The idea being to have hoses to fit even rare vehicles.

The idea interested me!

gogopiaggio
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Storkon on Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:55 pm

Thanks for the info kind sir.

The reason I want to replace them is I have just put a new radiator in, and upon reconnecting the inlet hose I now have a leak from the top connection. I just thought it would be best to replace them all while I'm at it, thinking it would not be to complex. I have found the exact hose I am looking for after searching for Piaggo Porter rather than Hijet so I may just replace that one as the others seem to work just fine and they are more expensive than I had assumed.

It was my mistake to mention Silicon as any hose that works is what I am looking for rather than a snazzy upgrade.

Storkon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:48 pm

Well that proves a point for me. You are never too old to learn something new. Thank you very much for that information. It really sounds amazing that you can do that.

It was the same for me with heat shrink too. Normally when plastic is heated it softens and expands a little. Modern Technology is a wonderful thing. So long as you understand it. So thank you very much for the knowledge.

Back to top Go down

Post by Storkon on Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:23 pm

So it turns out I had holes in the iron pipe right were the hose connected. I did look for them at first but did not see them! All sorted now and no need for new hoses. Surprised

Storkon

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy on Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:38 pm

Excellent news.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content