Greetings from Canada

Go down

Greetings from Canada Empty Greetings from Canada

Post by HijetFun2000 on Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:25 pm

Hi Folks, been viewing the forum for some time, and was hoping to join in with the wealth of info on here.

I just acquired 4 Kei vehicles that I have fully fallen for the craze of them here. One is a 2000 Hijet pickup, another is a 2000 Daihatsu Atrai van, and the other 2 vans are Suzuki Every Joy pop. One of them being a Joypop S turbo intercooled model which actually has some pretty decent power and is a blast to drive down the country roads. Very Happy

Im in the process of getting them on the road, but there is a lot of lacking info on the web for these newer models because these are JDM models with the 660cc engine, which from what I have read on the forum, most of the folks are from the UK here, and your models had much larger displacement engines. I plan to do the maintenance basics as the history of these vehicles are unknown to me, and I plan to do belts and timing belts on them asap.

One thing going against me is that here in Canada we are allowed to import any vehicle that is 15yrs or older, the US however its 25years or older, so the "English" translated knowledge that the US market usually generates for these special JDM Kei's don't exist yet (service manuals, part manuals, resources), etc.. They are just allowing 1994 Keis into the US which many are still carburetted and aged compared to these much more modern featured cars I have. I have been slowly searching the Japanese sites and slowly finding info with the help of google translate.

Anyways, I hope to find some great info on the site, and also share as much as I can about my special cars. They definitely are a unique addition to my vehicle collection. cheers

HijetFun2000

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Canada Empty Re: Greetings from Canada

Post by PFM on Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:02 am

Welcome - you are right in that the majority of us are in the UK and there are very few 660cc models here. There are a few though, and hopefully your experiences will benefit them and vice-versa. Feel free to post some pics as soon as you are able.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy on Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:29 pm

Welcome and stay around a while even if there are not many of us here with the same one we love to hear about the other variants from across the pond.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by HijetFun2000 on Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:51 pm

Sure I will hang around a bit Very Happy

Here's a photo of the Hijet pickup on the day I brought it home. This one is in for a treat of upgrades and modifications.

Greetings from Canada Hijet_11

Heres 2 of the vans once they were safely home. Just after a massive snowstorm we had. We hit some -25c weather on a few of the days, and for the hell of it I thought I would see if they started. Sure did!
Greetings from Canada Vans10

From a engineering perspective; one of the main reasons I wanted these. The Kei vehicles are definitely a simple engineering marvel. To design and build a fully functioning vehicle with all the amenities (hvac, power windows/doors, decent legroom, etc... in such a restricted space and design constrains is impressive to me none the less. Then again the Japanese have had over 50 yrs to perfect the design of these.

HijetFun2000

Back to top Go down

Post by gogopiaggio on Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:03 pm

Have you calculated the volume of wasted space in your hummer?!

gogopiaggio
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by HijetFun2000 on Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:26 pm

gogopiaggio wrote:Have you calculated the volume of wasted space in your hummer?!

LOL nope, and I don't even want to guess what it could be, however it definitely is 100% form follows function. Laughing

HijetFun2000

Back to top Go down

Post by gogopiaggio on Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:27 am

The two ends of the spectrum being shown so close together makes me chuckle. Smile
TBH the hummer probably wouldn't fit down alot of the roads I use here

Nice collection of vans there, the Japanese versions with all the chrome trim look great. All the UK versions are pretty matte and dull utilitarian for the most part. Maybe I should get my grille and light surrounds done in a chrome finish!

gogopiaggio
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy on Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:08 am

That could look good with a chrome grille etc.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:07 am

welcome Smile nice ones you have there

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down