Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back Door/tailgate lock

2 posters

Go down

Back Door/tailgate lock  Empty Back Door/tailgate lock

Post by reddogfishman Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:00 pm

Hi all,

So I had an issue with just the key section of the lock, long story short I took it apart fixed it but left the brass clip which holds the barrel to the door. this then fell out on a drive. does anyone know the name of the button/barrel lock and key mechanism as I am having very little luck finding this or something I could replace this with?

reddogfishman

Back to top Go down

Back Door/tailgate lock  Empty Re: Back Door/tailgate lock

Post by Guest Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:40 pm

Hi RDF. So what part are you looking for? The U clip that holds the Barrel Assembly in place or the Barrel Assembly and U clip complete.

Theoretically if you had clipped the operating rod onto the white plastic clip properly then the Barrel couldn't have fallen out anyway. You are bit of a Disaster Area aren't you?? Rolling Eyes Woody to the rescue as usual !!

I have got complete barrel assemblies and U Clips. Finding one with a key might be a problem. I always sell a complete 3 Lock Set and Steering Lock as a complete set.
I will have a look in the morning and see if I can find a barrel on its own with key.

Also an introduction would be nice - where do you come from and which model have you got etc. Its just that you might have a Forum member who lives near you - and he can decide whether to stay or move out of the Area. lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:48 am

I'd have thought the clip would have dropped into the bottom of the door, if it came off while driving. - have you looked there?

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down