Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tick tick ticking sound? (video inside)

3 posters

Go down

Tick tick ticking sound? (video inside) Empty Tick tick ticking sound? (video inside)

Post by tinus Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:20 pm

Hi everyone,

Here is a new proud 3 weeks hijet 1.3 van (s85, 2003 ) owner from The Netherlands.

Last weekend i took the hijet on a long drive about 4 hours, no high speeds, about 40 mph at max.

Today i started up my hijet and drove a bit a few minutes around, suddenly i heard tick tick ticking noise. I drove slowly back home.

I made a small video from the ticking sound:

On this video i slightly lift my foot of the gas pedal:

Anyone know what might cause this sound ?

It happens after the hijet is driven for a few minutes. It sometimes stops when the gas pedal is released slightly. It seems to happen in all gears (except 5 cause didn't want to drive that fast). The ticking speeds up when you press the gas pedal, it than is a continue tick or even screech.

tinus

Back to top Go down

Tick tick ticking sound? (video inside) Empty Re: Tick tick ticking sound? (video inside)

Post by Raggy Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:52 pm

Put the seat engine covers down....be much quieter or turn radio up!
Seriously possibly tappets a bit too big a gap and need adjusting, oil level OK? Tapped sound would change with speed/revs.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Tick tick ticking sound? (video inside) Empty Re: Tick tick ticking sound? (video inside)

Post by buttondup Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:48 pm

I think it could be the propshaft UJ.
I always felt there was a very slight noise when chuntering along, I replaced badly failing propshaft with one from a breaker and subsequently had to replace that one. I now have brand new one from Mondoporter of sicily and am pleased to say I don't notice any unusual sounds.
Check to see if there is any play in the shaft is my advice.
BTW my pickup is 2003 too.
buttondup
buttondup
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down