Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WEIRD or WOT??? EML

2 posters

Go down

WEIRD or WOT???  EML Empty WEIRD or WOT??? EML

Post by kernowjon01 Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:13 am

A number of times I have mentioned my EML was on all the time, the OBD reader said a misfire on all cylinders. In the garage a slightly better diagnostic machine said the same thing! But there is no sign of a fault the engine was as sweet as a nut and pulling like the proverbial train! Cornwall to Scotland 3 times Lands End yo John O Groats and the NC500.

Last week I fitted new plugs - Not really needed I changed them a year ago just after buying the van. When I bought the van she was fitted with Bosch Super Plus FR70CX. When I changed the plugs I fitted Denso TT K20TT. This time I have fitted Bosch Super Plus FR70CX again.

I started up and it made no difference EML still on. Next day I had to drive 10 miles - started up - driving along and I suddenly noticed the EML was out. OK my first thought was the bulb has blown, but NO! - Touch wood! The EML is functioning absolutely correctly. All that I can think of is, although the Denso's are listed for the Hijet they are "hard" plugs which are too cold running for the Hijet. Anyway I am a very happy Hijetter no longer worrying that my van might cost me a fortune.

Jon

kernowjon01
kernowjon01
Centurion

Back to top Go down

WEIRD or WOT???  EML Empty Re: WEIRD or WOT??? EML

Post by Raggy Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:08 am

Glad to hear you got it sorted.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kernowjon01 Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:51 am

Raggy, Thank you.  so am I - it was so worrying, because there was nothing wrong.  I mean I only got through an MoT by cancelling the light outside the garage it would stay off for 2o minutes or so.  Yesterday put more miles on, about 30 and still working correctly.
The killer was as I recall I covered a few hundred miles after the plug change before the light came on - so no real connection.  I posted this thread in case the same happens to anyone else.  The Denso s are listed as correct.
Jon
kernowjon01
kernowjon01
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum