Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where have all the Island Hi-Jets gone. Woody's scrapped them, every one.

2 posters

Go down

Where have all the Island Hi-Jets gone. Woody's scrapped them, every one.  Empty Where have all the Island Hi-Jets gone. Woody's scrapped them, every one.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:01 pm

Well I have been trying to keep myself busy to take my mind off of this year's grim family matters as much as the weather and my worn out body will also allow . I have just finished scrapping three Hi-Jets one P reg Diesel van, one Y Reg 1300 Van and an 08 Electric Piaggio Porter. But I have still got five Pick-ups to scrap. Two are LPG, one a tipper and the other a normal Pick-Up. The other Tipper is straight Petrol and the Pickup another LPG.
The 5th Pick has done 34,000 miles I think but has a con rod hanging out of the block. The 6th Pick-Up I have is an 04 plate 48,000 miles Dual Fuel I am hanging onto to put the Mk5 Romahome body on.. I also have an early Romahome body to sell if someone wants to come across the Solent and give me £250 for it. It is the one pictured on my Avatar..
I also have a one owner 78,000mile Island registration van and a Dual Fuel MPV. I am going to mot and sell THEM, the Dual Fuel MPV mainly for the number plate
( L111LPG ) Lill or Li'll (little) LPG.
Going to send this Dialogue first, then the Pictures

Back to top Go down

Where have all the Island Hi-Jets gone. Woody's scrapped them, every one.  Empty Re: Where have all the Island Hi-Jets gone. Woody's scrapped them, every one.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:07 pm

Where have all the Island Hi-Jets gone. Woody's scrapped them, every one.  Screen13

Well that's not going to be happening then. 16gb of Device Memory left and 48gb on SD card. What is that all about???

Back to top Go down

Where have all the Island Hi-Jets gone. Woody's scrapped them, every one.  Empty Re: Where have all the Island Hi-Jets gone. Woody's scrapped them, every one.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:15 pm

Unbelievable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:25 pm

Where have all the Island Hi-Jets gone. Woody's scrapped them, every one.  Camera47

That's enough excitement/frustration for today I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:51 pm

OiWhere have all the Island Hi-Jets gone. Woody's scrapped them, every one.  Dsc_0134

This was hard work. I have taken out the whole LPG System. The LPG Tank is pretty much full up. I have got to go two more complete Pickup LPG Systems to remove and two complete Tipper 12volt Hydraulic Tipping Gear Systems to remove before scrapping the trucks themselves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:45 pm

Where have all the Island Hi-Jets gone. Woody's scrapped them, every one.  Img_2016

This is some of the spoils from the past couple of days work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:49 pm

Where have all the Island Hi-Jets gone. Woody's scrapped them, every one.  Img_2017
Where have all the Island Hi-Jets gone. Woody's scrapped them, every one.  Img_2018

And there's mooooore!!

Back to top Go down

Post by kernowjon01 Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:41 pm

Woodie - I assume this is theraputic. Wink
Jon
kernowjon01
kernowjon01
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:21 pm

Very much so Jon. I am lost in my large domain of scrap Daihatsu's, kept from worrying about Funeral services and family problems and thoroughly enjoying pulling the vans to bits and thinking this bit is worth £65, and this £175,and this is £45. Much better than counting sheep Jon.

Plus I am out in the fresh air and with the work my stamina and strength are returning after 2 years of hardly being able to work.
I took the back axle off the van yesterday and for some time now I have struggled to pick it up on my own. Yesterday I picked it up and launched it straight through the windowless front of the Diesel van like chucking a caber.

I am not going to try my old trick of carrying COMPLETE DAIHATSU 1600CC ENGINES for a while yet, but I am making it my goal.

2016 with two strokes and ScepcisCellulitis from a Tick Bite and the damage that has done to my Nerve Endings - Peripheral Neuropathy has laid me very low physically and mentally but now that my wife no longer has to worry about her mother and I my mother, work and improving health is going to be my main agenda. So yes this is great therapy at 68 years old. And you all know how sharp my mind and tongue is. Where have all the Island Hi-Jets gone. Woody's scrapped them, every one.  P6212710
Where have all the Island Hi-Jets gone. Woody's scrapped them, every one.  Dsc_0811

Absolutely evil the damage that ScepcisCellulitis or Lymes Disease from a Tick Bite can do.

But I am certainly on the up now. I have really enjoyed working at my old Garage this week and getting somewhere after exactly two years ago today with the two Strokes and total paralysis of the left side.
Just so grateful when I wake up and see a new morning every day. There are others out there far worse off than myself so I still consider myself fortunate Jon.

Back to top Go down

Post by leopard_pagan Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:46 am

Glad your on the up after the last few years.
leopard_pagan
leopard_pagan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down