Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radiator & Leaf Spring (assister?) for my Daihatsu Hijet or Piaggio Porter?

3 posters

Go down

Radiator & Leaf Spring (assister?) for my Daihatsu Hijet or Piaggio Porter? Empty Radiator & Leaf Spring (assister?) for my Daihatsu Hijet or Piaggio Porter?

Post by g149 Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:13 pm

I'm looking for a Radiator & Leaf Springs (or Leaf Assister) for my Daihatsu Hijet Pickup 2005.  Radiators listed seem to be 1990s and don't go up to my late 2005 model. Piaggio Porter listed radiators are cheaper and my Daihatsu badged pickup is stamped Piaggio on the body.  So will a Porter radiator fit?  Likewise with leaf springs!  Also, I've heard of spring assisters - are they recommended.  Advice please. Thanks.

g149
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Radiator & Leaf Spring (assister?) for my Daihatsu Hijet or Piaggio Porter? Empty Re: Radiator & Leaf Spring (assister?) for my Daihatsu Hijet or Piaggio Porter?

Post by kernowjon01 Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:22 pm

Hi - I have spring assisters fitted on my HiJet with Romahome body, I bought from Custom Campers they cost just over £300 - relatively simple to fit - they cured the "saggy bum" problem.  Although I am sure they encourage the other half to load even more "just in case" things.  Alternatively take a look on Small Motorhomes - do a search and you will find some details of how someone called DonksDad made his own.

Radiator the Daihatsu HiJet 1300 and the Paggio Porter 1300 are the same truck - just badge engineering

Jon
kernowjon01
kernowjon01
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Radiator & Leaf Spring (assister?) for my Daihatsu Hijet or Piaggio Porter? Empty Re: Radiator & Leaf Spring (assister?) for my Daihatsu Hijet or Piaggio Porter?

Post by high-jetter Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:06 am

There are are couple of people breaking their Hijet on the facebook group Daihatsu Hijet Owners you could ask if they can help

high-jetter
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down