02 Sensors

Go down

02 Sensors

Post by MerlynHolmes on Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:29 pm

Can anyone tell sell me two 02 sensors for a Piaggio Porter 2007 1.3 panel van, or at least tell me what make I need to search for? Pleeeeeeeeze!

MerlynHolmes
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Re: 02 Sensors

Post by kernowjon01 on Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:37 pm

Merlyn I thought you had bought a couple - if anything isn't the problem a mechanic who does not know how to connect wires.
I think you have a pair of the same ones as I do. D2P Universal Oxygen / Lambda Sensor
Connect the sensor Black to the original plug blue wire
Connect the sensor 2 white wires to th original plug black wires
connect the sensor Grey wire to the original plug white

He should connect the wires by soldering - insulate with Shrink Wrap.

If he is incapable of doing that - get your van out of there find someone who is competent with electronics and get the van sorted - if the first mechanic is an absolute incompetant he may have damaged the ECU - but someone with a diagnostic machine will be able to tell.

Jon
kernowjon01
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by MerlynHolmes on Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:54 am

It's not my mechanic, if anything he's trying to save me money as his supplier has priced the sensors at over £100 each, which I can't afford. I'm the one who told him that I would see if I could find them cheaper, which I did, but the gentleman who was helping me has now said he can't help any more, which is fine, but kinda left me in limbo. If he has damaged the ECU, it's only because he did what I told him to do. This is the only vehicle I own and I really need it to get back to work after a long period of ill health and bad luck, the latter of which seems to be forever following me! Anyway, here is the link that came up on ebay when I put the details of the sensor you suggested. Will this work? Thanks for your reply
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F330561393342

MerlynHolmes
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by kernowjon01 on Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:01 am

Its very weird the compatability charts say OK for Daihatsu HiJet and no for Piaggio - which does not make sense as they are just rebadged Also it shows the wiring I gave for Denso electrics - as used in these vans.
Jon
kernowjon01
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum