Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SUZUKI CARRY DIFF

+2
buttondup
gsc1ugs
6 posters

Go down

SUZUKI CARRY DIFF Empty SUZUKI CARRY DIFF

Post by gsc1ugs Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:44 am

Ive got a suzuki carry with noise on rear axle when you increase to around 15-20 mph, when brakes are pressed, considerable reduces noise, is that carrier bearings or is that crown and pinion?

Thxs

gsc1ugs

Back to top Go down

SUZUKI CARRY DIFF Empty Re: SUZUKI CARRY DIFF

Post by buttondup Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:17 pm

WOODIE!!!
Come out of the woodwork and give this new member a slap/initiation rites
buttondup
buttondup
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:30 pm

Well, another Suzy on the Forum will please our good friends across the Channel. (So long as you are not on a smash and grab - grab the information and run off into the sunset) They are the experts, particularly Scotia if you need any help that is Suzy specific.
A little bit of information about yourself and location and some details about your Suzuki. The 1 litre is totally different to the later 1300 so that is the first bit of information that is normally needed.

Not so much with your present question though, but more information is needed. It isn't always that easy to give any help from members descriptions. It's obviously easier if I have the vehicle to hand and can give it a road test.

First of all, is the noise ( a whining noise) more noticeable under load or on over-run, or is it more noticeable when you are cornering ( more of a droning noise).
Does the noise get louder as you increase speed beyond 20 up to 50+, and go quieter on negative throttle load?

Come back when you have some more information for me or other members to consider and analyse.

I hope that you will stay around and contribute to the Forum as we do have few Suzuki/Bedford Rascal owners on here.

Was that gentle enough buttonedup and Raggy? I must be getting soft in the head in my old age. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by oldie Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:36 pm

Woodie wrote: I must be getting soft in the head in my old age.  Rolling Eyes

I agree.... lol! .

oldie
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:50 pm

A gentle welcome from you...very unusual!
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:03 pm

Yes it was a bit !! Perhaps I should light the blue touch paper and you can all see the fireworks - - - nahhh, can't be bothered. Time for some more food. Sorry everyone. affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by oldie Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:35 am

Raggy wrote:A gentle welcome from you...very unusual!

It's not unusual for 'old duffers' to blow hot'n'cold like this.....some people say it comes to us all when you get to his age lol! .

We all still love you though Woodie cheers Very Happy .

oldie
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:17 am

Laughing that was gentle indeed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:24 am

Thank you Oldie. I'm glad someone does. lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:29 am

Well here we are one week later and our one hit wonder boy hasn't even bothered to have a LOOK on the Forum at his post let alone offer a thank you.

Seems like gsc 1ugs stands for Gaping  Senile Chasm (between both) Lugs on the side of his head. I often wonder why we bother to reply to these " I Want-ers" instead of them making  a proper introduction in the first place, which generally speaking gives us a clue whether they are going to be regular contributors,  or p*** off after they have been selflessly helped out by various members.
I ask you, Why do we bother ?? I for one will sit and wait to see what happens in future before I offer help - - or Acerbic Criticism. Thoroughly enjoy the latter though. lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by oldie Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:31 am

Good morning Mr Woodie Very Happy ......love it when you go-on-one Twisted Evil lol! .

oldie
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:07 am

Kind of enjoy it myself Oldie. Nothing like a good rant using the Queens English to get the grey cells going first thing in the morning - and before you eventually pick up on the GREY bit - forget about it. I will always be way ahead of you.

The English language was my best Subject at School and I can still use it with great effect. The tongue is sharper than a two edged sword.

Back to top Go down

Post by Douglas Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:56 pm

Hi Woodie, my name is Julie, and I have recently bought a hijet 1300.It needs a headlamp, would you be able to help. We are coming over to the I.O.W for Easter. Maybe we could hook up? Let me know.

Douglas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:30 pm

Hi Julie. Headlights as you will probably already appreciate are at a premium. A good second hand one is very hard to find. The last Headlight I sold went for £150. A drivers side virtually impossible to get. Definitely a sellers market for an offside one.
For some inexplicable reason they are 4 times harder to come by.
I would certainly not even consider selling an offside one. They are Gold - dust. I may have a reasonable nearside one.

If you look in General Hi-Jet Discussion under
"Headlights" James Gates had a pair for sale on 19th February. You may be lucky. Private Message him. I have got many members phone numbers and email - but unfortunately I don't have James details or I would contact him for you.
If some tight fisted wad down in Eastbourne has snaffled them both then get back to me at
thehijetmaniow@gmail.com
Woody.

Back to top Go down

Post by maginty Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:12 pm

I to have a carry with a noise in the rear axle,
any help or ideas Wink Wink

maginty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content