Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question. How to get to the back of my fan override switch?

2 posters

Go down

Question. How to get to the back of my fan override switch? Empty Question. How to get to the back of my fan override switch?

Post by George Sportif Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:56 pm

Switch broke today. Fortunately (for the heating) it is stuck in the 'on' position.

I have ordered another toggle switch, question is, how do I get behind to replace it?

Question. How to get to the back of my fan override switch? Img_5120

George Sportif
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Question. How to get to the back of my fan override switch? Empty Re: Question. How to get to the back of my fan override switch?

Post by Raggy Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:16 pm

Undo the nut, the switch should just push through to the back. If enough wire on it, it will just drop down into sight. Either that or jus put your hand up behind where it is fitted.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Question. How to get to the back of my fan override switch? Empty Re: Question. How to get to the back of my fan override switch?

Post by Guest Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:35 am

Are you asking what seems to be the obvious George, because the OBD2 Connection and Controller is in the way to the right of your switch? If so it is held in place with the 8mm set screws.
Just undo that and drop both of them down out of the way. Putting them back is a bit of more fiddly though. The set screws go first though the plastic of the dashboard then the metal bracket of the OBD2 and then into the set-nuts of the Controller.

One has to adopt the grovelling mode in order to see what you are fighting against. Something that I rarely do these days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down