Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1.0 charade turbo swap into a 1.0efi is it possible

3 posters

Go down

1.0 charade turbo swap into a 1.0efi is it possible Empty 1.0 charade turbo swap into a 1.0efi is it possible

Post by Thatbluevolvo Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:29 pm

evening all I am going to be taking my head off to change gasket so was thinking is it possible to swap a 1.0 12valve head over from the charade? or whats the best way to get more power out of the 6 valve engine ? I'm obviously going to get the head skimmed but I am just curious about what people have done to there 1 litres ? like my user name suggests I know nothing about these Embarassed . can I also divert the air intake to up the side aswell I like being different Twisted Evil many thanks I am open to suggestions for parts or what can be uprated and what cant would love to see north of 50 60 bhp

Thatbluevolvo

Back to top Go down

1.0 charade turbo swap into a 1.0efi is it possible Empty Re: 1.0 charade turbo swap into a 1.0efi is it possible

Post by PFM Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:24 am

I doubt it. Have you the necessary skills anyway? The more important question is, why did you buy a Hijet?

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

1.0 charade turbo swap into a 1.0efi is it possible Empty Re: 1.0 charade turbo swap into a 1.0efi is it possible

Post by Raggy Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:59 am

Are you positive it's the head gasket? There are other things that can cause overheat.
If you want power....why buy a 1.0? When there is a 1.3 available? Looking at altering the 1.0 to get more power is just looking for trouble and heartache and being even more of a mo et pit than they can already be. If you want more power, just get this o e going, flog it and get a 1.3 then you have the option to put a 1.6 in but it's not straight forward and you need to ask yourself 'Do I really have the skills and knowledge to attempt such a project?'

PS Yes I have a 1.0 and quite happy to never take it above 60 (well OK I have pushed the boat out with a tailwind to 65!) as it's fine at that speed and I would like to keep mine for many more years and thrashing the life out of it will in the end just cause me grief and empty pockets.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Thatbluevolvo Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:54 am

Only reason I got it is I save 150 a month on insurance and won't be getting raped dry on fuel too was just wondering if anyone has done something like this though

Thatbluevolvo

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:05 am

But if you could put a turbo engine in would that not increase the insurance or were you intending to tell them that bit? As for mpg if I am carefull I can get mid 40's but round town its 35ish, if you are interested in extracting more power then you will have a heavier right foot than me so increasing the power will go against your argument for better mpg.

Lets us know the symptoms of your overheat and we may be able to save you some money and heart ache. Have a read of the 'I wand a 1.3' thread, someone in a similar situation to you but asking the right questions with feedback.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Thatbluevolvo Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:33 am

Will still cost less than what I pay for the volvo a month though even if it was modified

Thatbluevolvo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:02 pm

And not on Site Related Issues please. It is just for what it says on the Tin.
Hi-Jet Workshop Section is more appropriate for Mechanical Questions you would like to ask about our old Japanese Tin. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Thatbluevolvo Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:56 pm

Oops my bad I didn't realise where it was posted

Thatbluevolvo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:12 pm

Pssst!! Let you into a secret!! I did a similar thing when I joined back on February 2nd 2013 - - but don't tell anyone - please. Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:49 pm

We haven't forgotten.....

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:22 am

Eavesdropping again! Get back to your Laundry you Lounge Lizard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down