Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update on Another discussion on Hi-Jet engines overheating.

2 posters

Go down

Update on Another discussion on Hi-Jet engines overheating.  Empty Update on Another discussion on Hi-Jet engines overheating.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:23 pm

I have been having another one of my sort through's in the shed today to find some Fan Relay Sensors as I remembered a post I had done about 3 years ago. Somebody mentioned this week that they checked the cut-in temperature of their Fan Sensor and it was 98c.which is too late in traffic conditions.

On the the Fan Sensor on the 1300 there are two values stamped. One is 95 - 100c and the other is 90 - 95c. The Sensor has 3 connections in it, but only two are used.
I'm sure that I read somewhere - and hence the reason for my post 3 years ago that by swopping one wire to the other pin on the three pin connector block on the Sensor that the fan will cut in on the lower reading. The White wire with the Black tracer is common I believe and the Blue wire with the Red tracer is the variable. If you swop the Blue /Red tracer wire to the other pin then it should cut in on the lower value of 90 - 95c. I never tried this as I installed the switch in my red pick-up and then the same in my current MPV.
Might be worth someone having a go at this idea and find out if it right.

Update on Another discussion on Hi-Jet engines overheating.  Dsc_2014
Update on Another discussion on Hi-Jet engines overheating.  Dsc_2015

Back to top Go down

Update on Another discussion on Hi-Jet engines overheating.  Empty Re: Update on Another discussion on Hi-Jet engines overheating.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:45 pm

Three pins, two of which are only used.

Update on Another discussion on Hi-Jet engines overheating.  Img-2012
Update on Another discussion on Hi-Jet engines overheating.  Img-2013
Update on Another discussion on Hi-Jet engines overheating.  Img-2014

Update on Another discussion on Hi-Jet engines overheating.  Img-2011

Back to top Go down

Update on Another discussion on Hi-Jet engines overheating.  Empty Re: Update on Another discussion on Hi-Jet engines overheating.

Post by Raggy Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:44 pm

Very interesting and a good spot there, seem to remember comming across that thread once.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:02 am

that would a nice solution, interesting indeed

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:08 pm

I simply have a switch next to the gear lever that operates the fan, where's the fun of Hotjet ownership without the constant temp gauge monitoring Smile
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down