Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heater blower issue?

2 posters

Go down

Heater blower issue? Empty Heater blower issue?

Post by elfin girl Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:31 am

Hi, I noticed the other day that weenybago has lost the top speed on the blower, well, not totaly lost it, it goes down a speed rather than up! any ideas what that might be? Ages ago it was being a bit temperamental and kept stopping but a wiggle of the lever would start it up again and then it's been fine till this new symptom.
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Heater blower issue? Empty Re: Heater blower issue?

Post by Guest Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:01 am

Most likely it is the contacts on the control lever not making a good connection.  There is a coiled  resistor, a little,  very fragile piece of equipment on the outside of the Heater body but that would I think only affect the two lower speeds. Fast speed is 12v directly to the motor for top speed. So in my opinion it is likely to be the Heater Speed Control Lever.

I have never had to replace one with the dashboard in place but I have removed hundreds literally when dismantling Hi-Jets for spares. The trouble is that the control wires are very short and I would be surprised if you could replace the Control set without taking the whole dashboard out. It may be possible to get at the 3 control wires clipped to the Heater from under the dashboard, but I truly don't know. Having huge hands like mine can at times be bit of a nuisance. The first time of removing the whole of the dashboard is quite daunting but practice makes perfect. Sorry to be cynical about it..

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:15 pm

Ok, I thought it might be something along those lines, it's not too much of a nuisance at the moment so will wait till the weather improves to see if I can get to it from underneath, I have had the dashboard off once ... Not something I fancy repeating if I don't have to!
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:40 pm

Mine's the same, sometimes works, most times not, I just live with it?
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by elfin girl Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:29 pm

Logi wrote:Mine's the same, sometimes works, most times not, I just live with it?

Yep, I'll probably just carry on with it how it is, it works well enough just thought I'd check it wasn't a super easy fix!
elfin girl
elfin girl
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down