Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanted good 1.0 pick up engine ?

3 posters

Go down

Wanted good 1.0 pick up engine ? Empty Wanted good 1.0 pick up engine ?

Post by Barry 6448 Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:52 am

I'm looking for a good 1.0 efi engine for a 1998 pick up if anyone can hold

Barry 6448
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Wanted good 1.0 pick up engine ? Empty Re: Wanted good 1.0 pick up engine ?

Post by Logi Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:26 am

Well, that's to the point... Hello visitor.
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry 6448 Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:51 am

Yes I spose it was ! I stupidly lent my lovely 30k 1998 1ltr pick up to a family member who overloaded badly and they overheated it to the point where it will no longer start ! So I'm looking for a replacement engine .

Barry 6448
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:09 pm

Introductory etiquette has never been a strong point of new members to this Forum has it?? Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry 6448 Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:02 pm

Well thanks you to you both you've made me feel really welcome in this group ! I've accually got 7 hijets from a Romahome to a 2008 pick up for work a 2 1.2 derv panel vans and loads of bits I've accrued over the years !
But that's it for me I'm off here! Your top keyboard warrior's !

Barry 6448
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:34 pm

Well it is a shame that you feel like that. If you look at my profile it does say : Sense of humor : Definitely ascerbic, taking no prisoners. Logi is noted for his subtle Scottish brand of humour too.
It is a mine of information and help, but you will, as everyone on here, get this Forum's brand of humour.

I have a few Hi-Jets myself 13 to be precise, including 3 Romahome and was their Service and Warranties Manager for a couple of years at the Factory in Cowes and have got a good few spares for them.
I have lost count of the number of Hi-Jets I have broken for spares. Until this summer's enforced retirement I probably had the largest stock of Hijet spares in the UK sending spare parts all around the world.

May I suggest that you sit tight and see if anyone has got an engine. It is not the best time of year to be looking for anything on here with everyone pre-occcupied with Christmas. Today is the busiest that the Forum has been in a couple of weeks.

Shame it is 993cc that you are looking for as it is the only engine I don't have. I have a good 1200 Diesel engine, a couple of 1300 engines and 5 1600 engines.
If someone can help you with an engine you will get a notification of a fresh post on your wanted post. Hang on in there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:13 am

Hmm? Keyboard warriors? OK, let.......
Nah, was just about to go into a long rant, but it's nearly Xmas, so don't let the door hit you on the arse as you go. Bye
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:14 am

Well as you were browsing last night at 9-36 when I signed out at 9-34 then you obviously got the post notification and looked at the reply to your childish "toys out of the pram" event and couldn't be bothered to reply, can we assume that we have heard the last of you like some of our previous ignorant Newbies?

Ah no. Thought not. Too much to hope for. Perhaps one more rant before you decide to and grace another Forum with your presence.

It is usually considered as "polite" to introduce yourself with a few details about yourself, area where you live as there may be a member nearby to you that could help. But never mind. You carry on sulking. It's your loss, not ours. Bye.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:02 am

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:14 am

That's true.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:25 am

Scotia, your tactfulness is to be highly commended. As my years have increased I have become more and more skeptical of people's cynical (Cynisch) { following self interest} attitude.
All my life I have always enjoyed helping people out and not expecting anything in return. There are quite a few members on here who can testify to that.

The one thing that my parents impressed on me was to always to put others first, and thank anyone who had been helpful and kind to me. Thank you's cost nothing but mean a lot.

Unfortunately this worldy system is one of selfulness and " I disease", EXPECTING EVERYTHING for themselves without so much as a thank you or thought for others.

I have seen this worsen for the past 60 years of my almost 67 years on this mortal coil. I have been on this Forum for 4 years on 2nd of February and see so much of this selfishness .
When you meet someone at a gathering, club, party etc. do you not introduce yourself to whoever you are talking to and usually give a few details about yourself to break the ice and as a matter of politeness.
So why should it be any different on here?
Ultimately you have joined the Forum to increase you knowledge or for specific reasons - - like you are trying to find advice or a particular part.
Surely it is good manners and helps others to find out more about you. To me it is common decency and good manners to do so.
As I mentioned on here a few weeks ago 25% of new members are One Hit Wonders who join just want a part, and dissapear into the oblivion, and contribute ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO THIS FORUM.

Surely it is common sense to introduce yourself and a bit about yourself, (the particular model you have, Barry did tell us that in fairness) and the area you live in so members in the vicinity can offer help practically and if they know where the Newbie lives, have an idea of how to make arrangements to get parts to them. In this case picking it up in person or seller having an idea of the best way to get the engine to the person.
I make no apologies for my initial comments as I have said previously that we have so many " I wanters" on here, and I did try to smooth over Barry's reaction to my post and invite him to hang on there, but I am not in control of his overreaction to my justified comment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:34 pm

Laughing

Generally I don't even bother, must be getting old and grumpy Wink
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Barry 6448 Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:41 am

I think the YouTube clip sums it up !
I've been looking at the site and your right I'm a real newbee I have no idea about these forums
The site of very good tho !
If I'm really good and I introduce myself please can I stay ?
And if anyone does have an engine I do really need one .

Barry 6448
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:15 am

You have to have a touch of lunacy to stay (but then again we all own hijets!) but you are welcome to stay, just roll with punches its all meant in good fun just remember to come back. Woodie is right that alot seem to just stay whike they get sonething then dissapear and never let us know if advice or supplied parts worked. Thats what helps us all out, sharing of experiences. Apart from that its social. I couldnt have done what I have with my van if it not for the support I get on here.
Welcome and remember introduce yourself and post some pics of your vans if you can master the black art of image posting on here. If Woodie can do it...anyone can!
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:21 am

my first couple of posts on this forum didnt go that well to.
but i am glad i stayed .. there are a lott of helpfull people on here and you can get a great amount of info regarding hijets.

but there are 2 things you shouldnt do and thats 1 not introduce yourself and 2 ask qeustions that have been asked 1000 times.

most guys who drive microvans are a bitt "special"  Laughing ...including me ofcourse  geek
i hope the other members will forgive your entrance and help you out if they can.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:36 am

First of all Barry again, Welcome. I am a real hypocrite, as I at 63 when I joined this Forum on 2/2/2013 had never been on a Forum of any kind and did EXACTLY the same as you, not knowing what the correct procedure was and it was pointed out to me that I might like to introduce myself and a bit about myself. I also had not long had a Computer /Laptop so was useless at using it. Not much better now. Certainly no Keyboard Warrior. I was right chuffed when you called me that, much to the chagrin of many members on here I would imagine.
My Picture Posting skills are legendary on here - - NOT!!

When referring to the bit about the etiquette of Newbies I was in part referring to my own inept failings that only a few of the very early members would remember, particularly Logi.

My only real skill, besides mechanical things, is my command of the English language. I was at school always top of my year with the English language spoken and written. Mathematics - useless.

Anyway, glad to see you have changed your mind as humility is not the easiest quality to exhibit, but it WON'T exclude you from getting the Mickey taken out of you from time to time. I hope that someone will be able to help you with finding an engine too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down