Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HELLO FOLKS! I'M LIAM, STRUGGLING TO FIND A PART. PLEASE PLEASE HELP!

5 posters

Go down

HELLO FOLKS! I'M LIAM, STRUGGLING TO FIND A PART. PLEASE PLEASE HELP! Empty HELLO FOLKS! I'M LIAM, STRUGGLING TO FIND A PART. PLEASE PLEASE HELP!

Post by VERBALOUTLAW Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:15 pm

HELLO FOLKS,

I'M LIAM, I OWN A 1998 SUZUKI SUPER CARRY.

I'M REALLY REALLY STRUGGLING TO FIND A MASTER BRAKE CYLINDER FOR THIS MODEL. I CAN GET THE EARLIER MODEL (RASCAL) AND THE LATER MODEL (1.3) BUT THIS PARTICULAR MODEL I'VE TRIED HERE, THERE AND EVERYWHERE. NO LUCK WHATSOEVER.

PLEASE HELP. IF ANYBODY KNOWS ANYTHING. IT'LL BE MUCH APPRECIATED.

CHEERS,
LIAM.

VERBALOUTLAW

Back to top Go down

HELLO FOLKS! I'M LIAM, STRUGGLING TO FIND A PART. PLEASE PLEASE HELP! Empty Re: HELLO FOLKS! I'M LIAM, STRUGGLING TO FIND A PART. PLEASE PLEASE HELP!

Post by Lex_Michdebus Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:49 pm

Can you find the Caps Lock key on your keyboard first? It looks a little like this one here:

HELLO FOLKS! I'M LIAM, STRUGGLING TO FIND A PART. PLEASE PLEASE HELP! 312zn8l
Lex_Michdebus
Lex_Michdebus
Centurion

https://youtu.be/zAH2jjzAhU8

Back to top Go down

HELLO FOLKS! I'M LIAM, STRUGGLING TO FIND A PART. PLEASE PLEASE HELP! Empty Re: HELLO FOLKS! I'M LIAM, STRUGGLING TO FIND A PART. PLEASE PLEASE HELP!

Post by PFM Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:23 pm

Mine doesn't have a light and it's black Lex....
Liam, whereabouts are you and have you tried your local motor factors?

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by VERBALOUTLAW Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:11 pm

I've tried maybe 4/5 spares and parts garages. 2 places also, where I get my usual van work done ie; MOT, etc.. EBAY and so on and so forth.

It's literally no more than a 50 pound part. It's frustrating.

Any advise?

Cheers,
Liam.

VERBALOUTLAW

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:06 am

At least we've been a little help, you've been able to switch off the Caps Lock..... Smile

What about a repair kit? Do Suzuki do one?
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by wrightgeordie Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:09 am

wrightgeordie
wrightgeordie
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:17 pm

I think that's the later model, WG. Come to think of it, didn't Suzuki stop importing them for a time so there was a gap between the Rascal shape and the 1999ish one? Thats one reason I asked where the OP is as he may not even be in the UK.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

HELLO FOLKS! I'M LIAM, STRUGGLING TO FIND A PART. PLEASE PLEASE HELP! Empty AND STILL..

Post by VERBALOUTLAW Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:14 pm

That's the newer model. I can get a rascal brake master cylinder and one for the later model. My model, rare as hens teeth.

Still struggling. It's a pity as it only has 11,000 original miles, dry stored for 17 years and no rust.

Any help would be cracking folks.

Cheers,
Liam.

VERBALOUTLAW

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:57 pm

We are trying to help but we are mostly Hijet/Porter owners though several (including me) have had Suzi's in the past. What is the difference between the Rascal-shape and yours? It might help us help you if you tell us:

WHERE YOU ARE LOCATED
Engine cc and info on the van model

IIRC the Rascal shape was called a Supercarry and the later van just Carry?

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by VERBALOUTLAW Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:47 pm

Hello,

There's not much difference in shape, but some of the internal parts are of a different design. I would upload a picture or a link, but as I've only been a member for 3 days, it doesn't allow me?

I'm located on the Dorset / Somerset border. And yes, I've tried eBay, local scrappers, nationwide car parts through google, Japanese spare parts, etc etc.. The various forums It really is a last resort.

It's a SUZUKI SUPER CARRY TX 970cc.

Cheers,
Liam.

VERBALOUTLAW

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:58 pm

OK, it seems that production was switched from Luton to Japan in 1993 so maybe some parts changed to local suppliers. Maybe yours was a grey or personal import? Do you have a model No. - e.g ST80 (maybe part of VIN No)?

It's possible that your master cylinder may be the same as another Suzi model from around that time, but not certain and may be hard to tell. I can't find anything online so can appreciate the problem. Have you tried any Suzuki car dealers? Are there any markings on your cylinder and is it very different from the earlier one?

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:06 am

I can't think of a van between the Rascal type and the Carry?
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:16 am

Unless he has a Foreign import that we aren't aware of Logi,. This is why it is so important for all members to give year of manufacturing, engine size, and as many details as possible. Can't work miracles if they aren't very helpful themselves can we??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:53 am

Logi wrote:I can't think of a van between the Rascal type and the Carry?

me neither scratch
before the 1.3 carrys you had the 970cc super carry
and before that you had the 970cc sk410, and older ones are the sk408 wich had the 798cc like the old st90

if its a super carry 970cc than its the same as a rascal i would think

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:54 am

A Bedford Rascal is just a re-badged Suzuki Carry. There were hundreds of them over here and I still see loads on IoW roads - well I did until I had this dreadful affliction on my leg over 2 months ago.

I was hoping to have my first drive today , but my leg is swollen to the size of a small Elephant's ( that's a leg Logi before you add your pennies worth).
I went with my son Stewart and two good friends to Bournemouth last night to see the Australian Pink Floyd and we weren't disappointed.
But a bit of walking from the first car park to one of the best restaurants I have ever been in and back again, then parking in the BIC Car park and negotiating 7 floors of double flight steps has killed me. Day in bed with my leg up on pillows for me.

I digress as always. I will enquire for you at the five scrapyards over here, but first I will check with my friend Malcolm who is an absolute Expert on the 970cc Rascal and see if he still has a Master Cylinder. If not I know he has lots of sources for spares.

This is going to cost you if I can find you a Master Cylinder - - a huge grovel on here.
AND NOT IN CAPITALS EITHER!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down