Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Complete engine (or a new head, complete)

4 posters

Go down

Complete engine (or a new head, complete) Empty Complete engine (or a new head, complete)

Post by bendillon Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:33 am

Morning all,

So, after a major mess up, I've managed to bend all the valves on my 1998 1.3 EFI Hijet van whilst changing over the head gasket.

I can't find anywhere which will do the work reasonably, and to be honest, the engine was a bit screwed before anyway... So, I'm looking for a new engine or, at least, a new head.

If anyone has anything or knows anywhere, let me know, preferably known to be working, and not overheating, so I can just plumb it in!

Cheers, Ben
bendillon
bendillon
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Complete engine (or a new head, complete) Empty Re: Complete engine (or a new head, complete)

Post by Guest Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:49 am

the head from an charade g200 is the same..
easier to come by Wink

i putt one in my old hijet after i could not find a hijet engine.
the lowerpart of the engine didnt fit but the head did.

Back to top Go down

Complete engine (or a new head, complete) Empty Re: Complete engine (or a new head, complete)

Post by bendillon Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:01 am

Genius!

I've been on eBay and had to buy an unknown engine, it was the only one for sale, and I need to get it running as soon as I can. It has done 60,000, the guy promised me it was working and not overheating, but if not it comes with a 3-month guarantee, so here goes nothing...
bendillon
bendillon
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:40 pm

Good luck with it, really hope you don't find yourself back to square 1 after 4 months!

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bendillon Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:14 pm

Thanks! me too... this van has costed me far too much money already, labour of love
bendillon
bendillon
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggy Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:17 pm

Cant remember anyone saying these little vans dont swallow money! All depends what you want and how long you want to keep it for.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bendillon Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:30 pm

Very true! I'm stubborn, so I won't give up on it. That also means that I'll probably keep it forever, so it's worth doing it properly.
Can't really think of anything that would replace them!
bendillon
bendillon
Clubman

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:31 pm

If you are 23, forever isn't all that long yet.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down