Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just Bought a Hijet

4 posters

Go down

Just Bought a Hijet Empty Just Bought a Hijet

Post by nick in beds Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:28 pm

Hi All, just bought a 1.3 van 2004, picked it up on Saturday, really enjoyed the drive home :-)

Bit concerned about overheating issues having read on this site, seems fine at the moment - it has a FSH and head gasket was done a couple of years ago - currently on approx 75k miles - fingers crossed. New parts seem to be a bit scarce too!!

Great site by the way.

Cheers, Nick.

nick in beds

Back to top Go down

Just Bought a Hijet Empty Re: Just Bought a Hijet

Post by Raggy Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:49 pm

I had the same feelings when I bought my van, the good advice I was given on here was just drive it, if its going to overheat it will do, so just dont worry about that untill it happens and just enjoy it. New parts are scarce and expensive but secondhand are available and can be reasonably priced.
Welcome to the forum.
Raggy
Raggy
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:05 pm

Hmmmm!! Nick-in-Beds. That is gonna be a great source of merriment for a few of us on here Nick. Open to loads of interpretations. Great stuff, long as you don't mind being the butt of much Mickey taking.
My computer and amazing picture posting skills have been the subject of hundreds of jokes on here for almost 3 years now . {Well it will be three years on the 2nd of February} . So cruel taking the Mickey out of a helpless Old Age Pensioner don't you think?
Anyway , welcome to your new Playground for your new Toy Van. If you need advice or ideas, don't be afraid to ask. You probably won't get any sensible answers, certainly not from me anyway.
Seriously though, they are great little 4 wheeled Tardis's ( or is it Tardii?)
You will love it. Welcome to the Forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by nick in beds Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:29 pm

Thanks Raggy, that is sound advice.

Woodie, yes I have had some strange reactions to my user name on another forum from some US users, they didn't realise Beds is a county in the UK and assumed I sleep a lot Laughing

nick in beds

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:41 pm

Whereas really you just 'sleep' in a lot of beds? :dontknow:

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:14 pm

Yes, oddly enough I had bit of a strange experience with one certain American Wierdo on here just before Christmas.
Mind you the Regular's on here certainly gave him both Barrels. But that's another story I shall forget about and put down to experience shall we say.

I have had 3 Americans contact me for spares and were all desperate for the parts, and me being me, with two of them parcelled the bits ready to go and sent PayPal Business Account Invoices and waited - and waited and waited.
So now I don't send spares abroad. Too much hassle. Furthest I have sent parts is Hobart, Tasmania and enquiries even from JAPAN, SOUTH AFRICA, MACEDONIA, PHILLIPINES, FRANCE, NETHERLANDS.

Back to top Go down

Post by nick in beds Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:25 pm

These days it's only one bed and sleep in the only activity Crying or Very sad

nick in beds

Back to top Go down

Post by oldie Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:33 am

nick in beds wrote:These days it's only one bed and sleep in the only activity Crying or Very sad

You must be about the same age as Woodie then lol! .

oldie
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down