Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Hijet is for sale (I think) Suffolk

4 posters

Go down

My Hijet is for sale (I think) Suffolk Empty My Hijet is for sale (I think) Suffolk

Post by 8bit-ash Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:40 pm

Its with great regret that I think i'm going to have to sell the hijet. I've just taken on another project which is going to suck the living sole out of me financially plus my circumstances are different now which makes the Hijet impractical. I have only used it the last two years for a couple of camping weekends.

Heres the thread with pics in https://hijet.forumotion.com/t738-my-hijet-projectt

I hate for sale ads without prices but for the moment this is one of those.

I have two options. Firstly sell exactly as is or sell with standard suspension and wheels.

The ride quality with it lowered isn't great. It handles fine but its very bumpy and noisy on lumpy roads. Get a smooth road and its fine. Driving it around North Londons bumpy streets was horrible.

I bought it around 2011. When I bought it the head gasket was gone. I think it was on about 35k. I had the head skimmed replaced the gaskets, replaced a couple of worn valves, the cambelt, waterpump (I think but can't remember) and its been fine ever since. It now sits on around 50k miles.
Recently replaced the fill valve in the LPG tank.
Brand new exhaust fitted
Nearly new Driveshaft.
Its still got an outstanding fuel tank recall which you can book in to have it checked and replaced. I just don't think i'll get a chance to have this done although the tank is fine just a little rusty around the seams.

I spent a lot of time underneath this van painting it and protection it. It is very solid. The bodywork is dinted and faded but I liked that look.

It can come with a handy fold out bed I made up which works well as a camper. It has a welded frame with wood top and foam mattress folds out into a comfy bed for two and up into a seat. No pics at the moment sadly.

It always starts, will be serviced before sale. Has just had new plugs and air filter. I need to look at the brakes as last time I took it out the pedal had a bit of vibration.

All in its a very good little van but at the moment i'm just gauging interest as is or back to near standard.

Its located in suffolk near halesworth

My Hijet is for sale (I think) Suffolk Arches2

8bit-ash
8bit-ash
Centurion

Back to top Go down

My Hijet is for sale (I think) Suffolk Empty Re: My Hijet is for sale (I think) Suffolk

Post by SPOCK Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:24 pm

i could be interested depending on price , i have a bedford cf pop top camper nearly finished and for sale so with the cash want a hi jet or rascal

SPOCK

Back to top Go down

My Hijet is for sale (I think) Suffolk Empty Re: My Hijet is for sale (I think) Suffolk

Post by Guest Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:22 am

sweet van Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:18 am

Shame, but do tell, what's the new project???????
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by 8bit-ash Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:25 pm

1970 Porsche 911 which hasn't moved since 1985!!
I'm going to have a poke around the van this weekend and assess what to do with it. I'm thinking i'll sell the wheels separately as they are pretty rare stick the proper suspension back on and sell it as a solid little LPG.
8bit-ash
8bit-ash
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:42 pm

Would think long and hard about selling the van if you're doing a major resto, it's bloody handy, mines off the road just now and I'm missing it already for getting stuff for the Merc.
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:43 pm

Oh, and pictures of the Porker please
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by 8bit-ash Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:53 pm

plan is to swap my little charade and the van for an estate. Reduce vehicle numbers a little. Will stick some pics up of the 911 over the weekend.
8bit-ash
8bit-ash
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:12 pm

And for a wee teaser here's a pic of the one i tried to buy last year Smile

My Hijet is for sale (I think) Suffolk 20130710
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by 8bit-ash Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:52 pm

Sorry Logi,  Its been a manic couple of weeks.  Finally here are some pics.  All i've done so far is stripped the interior out to make sure its all dry and lifted the petrol tank out,  got knows what the brown stuff inside was.  
What was the story with the one you nearly bought?

My Hijet is for sale (I think) Suffolk 20150109_085911_zps18e5828f

My Hijet is for sale (I think) Suffolk 20150109_090953_zps5342f7d9
8bit-ash
8bit-ash
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:41 pm

Looks like a fine project, watched the Car SOS guys doing one, bugger me it was rusty. Be a lovely toy for the summer when it's done. My mates business partner is quite heavily involved with the Scottish Porker OC, he's got three at last count.
The one I posted was one I discovered, but as usual they're going to get around to restoring it "one day..."
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:10 pm

Nice!
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down