Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Be Warned!

5 posters

Go down

Be Warned! Empty Be Warned!

Post by rajrakhiria Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:48 pm

There's ad on 'Gumtree' for a 2001 Hijet on sale for £600! Sounds to good to be true' probably is! I have been messaging the seller since Monday this week, requesting for details of the van, service stuff, recalls, the usual stuff a seller would need to know, prior to arranging travel and viewing for a vehicle.

All I got was a text to say 'please....the van is in good order'. Furthermore I wanted to know if he has any documentation to warrant the mileage (800 miles). My bicycle has done more miles!

Still nothing,  Embarassed and this was Monday (15th) Tuesday (16th) of this week, and it's now Friday 19th However as a patient person I pre-booked time out this Thursday and Friday kept everything free, numerous messages have been sent today. Still nothing. Something just don't add up, I now feel a little suspicious!

Shame folks can not show genuine loyalty.

* Plus it's left hand-drive?!? & been on advert for 9 days.  elephant

Last edited by rajrakhiria on Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling error.)

rajrakhiria

Back to top Go down

Be Warned! Empty Re: Be Warned!

Post by FrontBackSide2Side Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:49 pm

can you post a link? it sounds like one we have been shown on here already, if it is, it looks like a scam.
FrontBackSide2Side
FrontBackSide2Side
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Be Warned! Empty Be Warned.

Post by rajrakhiria Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:27 am

rajrakhiria

Back to top Go down

Post by Eightpot Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:38 am

Scam. There was another ad from a bloke in Enfield selling a Hijet for 800 quid. Shame was that like this one, the pic was ripped off the net and, like this one, didn't look like it was taken in North London.

I reckon it's the same person as I remember the map location is the same as this ad, Brimsdown...

Eightpot
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:03 am

the picture looks more like germany Laughing

Back to top Go down

Be Warned! Empty Why?

Post by rajrakhiria Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:50 pm

If this is true to the theory, I wonder why would some go to such lengths? Surely this is a waste of time for both parties. Maybe the seller has a personal thrill of inviting someone down and then coming out from behind hedge/tree with a water pistol!

rajrakhiria

Back to top Go down

Post by FrontBackSide2Side Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:33 pm

looks like its been removed now thankfully.
FrontBackSide2Side
FrontBackSide2Side
Cinquecento

Back to top Go down

Post by bushwhacker Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:27 pm

rajrakhiria wrote:If this is true to the theory, I wonder why would some go to such lengths? Surely this is a waste of time for both parties. Maybe the seller has a personal thrill of inviting someone down and then coming out from behind hedge/tree with a water pistol!

Not a water pistol, no. Heavies!

The idea, as I am sure you are aware, is sometimes to lure a purchaser to an out of the way layby or garage block knowing that the purchaser usually has the money on them. One quick bash over your head and they are off with your money. Seemples.
bushwhacker
bushwhacker
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by verryoldman Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:56 pm

Like the cat with the tie though
verryoldman
verryoldman
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down