Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sale at Eurocarparts ends tonight.

5 posters

Go down

Sale at Eurocarparts ends tonight. Empty Sale at Eurocarparts ends tonight.

Post by 8bit-ash Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:35 am

Some good prices at euro car parts at the mo, sale ends tonight. Got 5l oil, plugs, filter, air filter for the charade for £35 delivered.
8bit-ash
8bit-ash
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Sale at Eurocarparts ends tonight. Empty Re: Sale at Eurocarparts ends tonight.

Post by Logi Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:52 am

Try again tomorrow, bet there won't be a big difference? There's more "sales" there than DFS!!
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:48 pm

I couldn't really see anything cheap.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:04 pm

Can't say that in the last few years their prices have been earth-shattering anyway. 
When they first started donkeys years ago  in Hounslow I believe their prices were very good but as they have expanded so have their prices.

Back to top Go down

Post by 8bit-ash Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:32 pm

5L of 5w30 semi syth for £12.49, an oil filter for £2.50, plugs for £2.88 and an air oem air filter for £11.  From Daihatsu the air filter was £45 alone so i'm happy.  
If anyone can find 5L of oil for less i'll give you a suitable emoticon. rabbit
8bit-ash
8bit-ash
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:07 pm

8bit-ash wrote:
If anyone can find 5L of oil for less i'll give you a suitable emoticon. rabbit
http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=254918073

Twisted Evil 
Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by 8bit-ash Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:21 pm

Cheers logi, i've cancelled my order popped down my tesco metro and bought a couple of them. so cheap i've filled up to brimming. Can't wait to test it tomorrow should run like a dream. Cool 
8bit-ash
8bit-ash
Centurion

Back to top Go down

Post by Logi Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:27 pm

Logi
Logi
Jet Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:14 pm

Sadly we don't have an Asda here yet. It was supposed to have been opened last Christmas--- but they haven't even cleared the site yet. Perhaps they meant Xmas
Every time my wife goes up to Tamworth to see the kids and grandchildren I get her to bring back two cases of 20/50 for me. It was always cheaper than Tescos but I couldn't tell you what she paid for it last week --- I daren't ask her as it will remind her I owe her the money. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by rich the mechanic Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:18 pm

woody wrote:Sadly we don't have an Tesco here yet. It was supposed to have been opened last Christmas--- but they haven't even cleared the site yet. Perhaps they meant Xmas
Every time my wife goes up to Tamworth to see the kids and grandchildren I get her to bring back two cases of 20/50 for me. It was always cheaper than Tescos but I couldn't tell you what she paid for it last week --- I daren't ask her as it will remind her I owe her the money. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
My turn to correct you Very Happy
rich the mechanic
rich the mechanic
Jet Addict

http://www.thread-bare.biz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:45 pm

Actually we have a massive brand new Tescos not long built on the old site and DOUBLE the size of the old one.
Also six years after buying the site in Ventnor ( 6 miles away ) they finally built a brand new store in less than two months.
I don't use either if I can help it. I hate them.

When I was HGV Driving I used to deliver to a  Tesco Store in Southampton and the storeman there was NOTORIOUS for not answering or taking ages to answer the warehouse delivery door bell and on my first visit there was prewarned what a pain he was so I went there with a plan in place already.

I rang the bell twice then backed my Lorry up to the outward opening delivery door so he couldn't open the door then I took one of the pins that the delivery notes were held together with and stuck it through the bellpush wires making the bell ring non-stop. I heard the crashing and banging of the door he couldn't open as I was sat in my Lorry reading the paper and eating my sandwiches and it was a good five minutes before this red-faced fat puffing bufoon came all the way round the block of shops and into the delivery yard swearing at me with my window shut and door locked looking at him face to face with tears rolling down my cheeks with laughter.
When I pulled forward and then jumped out and towered above him he shut up and went in as meek as lamb. 
Needless to say he NEVER kept me waiting again.lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:48 pm

LOL - but, sorry to be pedantic (and no wish to spoil a great story), if it was your first visit he hadn't actually ever kept you waiting.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:20 pm

Actually he did Peter. I rang the bell twice and waited knowing that his response would be tardy, very tardy in fact so he paid the price for being an obstinate little Hitler. And I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it and the guys at work made me a hero .

I did get called into the office to see the Assistant Manager when I got back and when I told him what I did he he collapsed with laughter and told me " Well done the bloke has always been a pain in the a###."

I pulled another stunt when delivering to the QE 2 in Southampton docks.
I had delivered 12 pallets of soap powder and went back for six more pallets and a number of small drops around the Soton area. I got back there at 11_05 and waited 25 mins till 11-30 then was told the dockers we're off to lunch for 90 minutes and would have to wait till 1oclock.

That's what you think I told the foreman and drove off to do all the rest of my deliveries. Nearly every drop I got to they told me your boss has been on the phone-- must phone in. Over my dead body !! 
I got back to the QE2 at 3pm and the fork truck drivers were just off to tea again and the boat was sailing at 5pm so I went and found the foreman and told him I was taking the load back as I had to catch the 4-30 Ferry back to the Island. When I got back to the Lorry--- a miracle -- the load had been taken off. 
My boss never sent me to the docks again. Strange that !!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down