Micro Van Owners Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will be selling my Bi-fuelled Hijet soon - can you help me with an approx value please?

3 posters

Go down

Will be selling my Bi-fuelled Hijet soon - can you help me with an approx value please? Empty Will be selling my Bi-fuelled Hijet soon - can you help me with an approx value please?

Post by tara100 Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:57 pm

Hi

The van is the one pictured, a 2002 bi-fuelled LPG / petrol 1.3 model.

Good points:
MOT till June 2014, and 3 months tax.  
38,000 miles.
There are no advisories on the previous MOT, tyres are excellent, there is a clarion radio / single cd player with removable face plate, roof rack, removable metal rack to inner rear, and a full tank of LPG Very Happy 

Minus points...
The rear windscreen wiper no longer works, and both sliding side door locks do not work from the outside (common issue)  
There are stone chips here and there, & some light scratches where keys have rubbed the paint close to the door locks.  Also, one wheel trim is missing.

I know I can look on ebay for completed van sales, but I'd like to hear from folks on here as to what the van's value could be too.

Thanks
Tara

Last edited by tara100 on Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
tara100
tara100
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Will be selling my Bi-fuelled Hijet soon - can you help me with an approx value please? Empty Re: Will be selling my Bi-fuelled Hijet soon - can you help me with an approx value please?

Post by HighlyJetted Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:11 pm

I know its full of k-seal so would not offer you very much. Maybe £500 if the bodywork was ultra straight and rust free, and less than 65k miles.

Some one who thinks its a good runner might pay you 2 or 3 times the above amount depending on how clean it is or how stupid they are.

I met someone a few weeks back who spent £1800 on a rotten hijet which overheated. So I wouldn't say anything is impossible Razz 
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Will be selling my Bi-fuelled Hijet soon - can you help me with an approx value please? Empty Re: Will be selling my Bi-fuelled Hijet soon - can you help me with an approx value please?

Post by tara100 Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:18 pm

HighlyJetted wrote:I know its full of k-seal so would not offer you very much. Maybe £500 if the bodywork was ultra straight and rust free, and less than 65k miles.

Some one who thinks its a good runner might pay you 2 or 3 times the above amount depending on how clean it is or how stupid they are.

I met someone a few weeks back who spent £1800 on a rotten hijet which overheated. So I wouldn't say anything is impossible Razz 
Someone I know wants to buy the van, and it was them who helped me with adding one dose of K-Seal yesterday, so I have nothing to hide from them.  
I am also not trying to sell the van here.

The person is question has asked me how much I want for the van, hence my post.
Incidentally, I've already stated the van has covered 38,000 miles.
tara100
tara100
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by HighlyJetted Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:53 pm

In a straight answer £500 to £1500 !!!!

Trying to value a vehicle without loads of decent photos is well easy Wink

Rot, dents, scuffs, tyre tread, interior, fuel tank rust, light cluster and bumper damage, all effect the price along with number of previous owners etc.

Anyone who pays anymore than £500 for an over heater is a fool though as its about £500 to put it right. There are plenty of fools out there though and you'd be a fool not to take their money.
HighlyJetted
HighlyJetted
Hijet Overdose

http://www.daihatsuhijet.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by PFM Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:17 pm

A 2005 low mileage Porter just sold on ebay for £910. Wish I'd bid on it. My blue 2002 53k miles 1.3 cost me around £900, I think that's about where you should be aiming for, Tara.

PFM
Jet Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tara100 Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:52 pm

PFM wrote:A 2005 low mileage Porter just sold on ebay for £910. Wish I'd bid on it. My blue 2002 53k miles 1.3 cost me around £900, I think that's about where you should be aiming for, Tara.

Thank you; I'll keep that in mind.

I paid double that for the van a little over 2 years ago, and have done less than 3,000 miles in it over that period.
I wish I could have got hold of one of the vans for £900 back then, as they were all going for £2000 and more on ebay.
tara100
tara100
Chatterbox

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down